Bay

Not a bad photo. The bright sun is a little of putting though.

Your photo's should be no more than 800 pixels on the longest side and yours is 1024.

I get the feeling the only reason you posted was to pick up on the image size :D

Thanks for pointing it it anyway, thought id read all the stickies I could about posting etc, but evidently not!! (y)

I must tell you the truth. When if first saw it, I didn't like it. However, after a little while it grew on me, and now I find I can look at it for ages! I relly like the gentle graduation in the sky, and the bright sun (That technically is bad... apparently) works well as an end point. The lines in the image are fantastic, but for me, the mood of the shot is what keeps me looking.

Personally my only complaint is that the image looks everso slightly out of focus. Otherwise I like it :)

I get the feeling the only reason you posted was to pick up on the image size :D

Thanks for pointing it it anyway, thought id read all the stickies I could about posting etc, but evidently not!! (y)

Don't worry about it mate. We all make mistakes.

cheers woodsy, as I say, new camera to me so not used to it yet, never mind all the extra settings etc that go with this. I took a couple of others without the sun, but for some reason, even though I realise it's a no no, it looks better with this in. Not sure why!! I ran a high pass over it so not sure if that's got anything to do with the focus issue?

Don't worry about it mate. We all make mistakes.

Cheers, it took me ages to post, couldn't see where to attatch files etc, then read stickies, evidently missed the size :D i'm guessing it's to avoid having to pan on screens that aren't widescreen, as this used to be a major irritant to me!

Would have thought the High pass (sharpen I assume) would infact have made it better... But it doesn't really matter, it's not something that spoils the image. :)

I really like it. I wish I was there now.

my only little niggle with it is the way the line of water on the sand arcs out of the frame at the left edge and then back in. Would have been cool to have had it all if possible. Sometimes it's just not possible to have it all though.

Would have thought the High pass (sharpen I assume) would infact have made it better... But it doesn't really matter, it's not something that spoils the image. :)

that's why I ran the high pass to sharpen the image, sometimes I find I can over sharpen and it comes out out of focus looking, either that or it may just be not quite right from my end!!

I really like it. I wish I was there now.

my only little niggle with it is the way the line of water on the sand arcs out of the frame at the left edge and then back in. Would have been cool to have had it all if possible. Sometimes it's just not possible to have it all though.

Yeah, I see what you mean, the sun would of come into play too much for my liking then, but as for getting the composition right that is a good call, I never noticed!

Had a little play, not much changed. Did another sharpen, levels, saturation and a selected area contrast mask.

Untitled-1copycopycopy.jpg

Now that I like, just little tweaks, really make a difference to my eyes!

Back