BBC1-Tonight

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I just had a glance at the listings in the weekend paper not expecting much but at 7.00pm there's a documentary following "Hamza" the wildlife photographer. It's called "Strictly Birds of Prey".

Featuring in the footage are WTE, Golden Eagles(Cairngorms) Peregrine falcons hunting in London and Tawny Owls. The write-up says that part of the programme is taken up with his arrival on the west coast of Scotland...ie a bit of background.

Yup, already been discussed

;)

Must admit, can't take these wildlife shows anymore. You spend half the programme hearing their stories and the camera is trained on them instead of the wildlfe. I'm just not interested. Watched a bit of a Gordon Buchanan one a few years ago but switched off after twenty minutes because all he did was film himself and I didn't want to spend any longer looking at his mug.
It seems self promotion is everything and perhaps a trip back to basics wouldn't hurt.

Must admit, can't take these wildlife shows anymore. You spend half the programme hearing their stories and the camera is trained on them instead of the wildlfe. I'm just not interested. Watched a bit of a Gordon Buchanan one a few years ago but switched off after twenty minutes because all he did was film himself and I didn't want to spend any longer looking at his mug.
It seems self promotion is everything and perhaps a trip back to basics wouldn't hurt.

That's a pity. It was a really good programme, better than most. You could watch catch-up and skip the bit..and it was only a bit..about himself.

It was good to see Simon King again:)

This is a difficult one, though it is all about the Wildlife, it is also the personal journey that got them to where they are now !
Hamza mentioned he was sleeping in his car in the town he now lives in up in Scotland.
I would like more behind the scenes info more, how they go about filming, researching techniques ect, a bit like the end of Planet Earth, Blue Planet or Wild Isles documentaries on a Sunday evening. The persnnel impact to them to get the video for the programme.

As I mention all subjective, and the programme still has to be entertaining. mmmm difficult one !

Back