NSFW Be careful driving in the bad weather ( blood warning)

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
My wife tried to climb our back hill in the car in the icy weather. When she realised it wouldn't go higher than half way up she gave up, pulled the handbrake and got out. As she stepped out the car slid backwards and the door trapped her and dragged her down the hill. She was very lucky to escape with just her knee opened from one end to the other when it could have been much worse.

Just posting this is a warning as its not something I've heard of happening before. 20190122_133611.jpeg20190122_100652.jpeg

Wow. She was very,very lucky there. That looks a bit nasty but as you say, could have been a lot worse.

Nice pics too

Nasty, hope she makes a full recovery.

Yes agreed. Nobody should see stuff like that without a warning. I am extremely squeamish at the sight of blood.

However. I wish your wife a speedy and full recovery and glad she got off lightly!
Sorry didn't know I could put warning on it.

Hope she recovers quickly & fully - that looks deep but appears to only be a split, rather than having flesh torn away.

Poor weather can be hazardous.
Many wouldn't expect something like this to happen.

I hope her a speedy recovery and I for one will be more vigilant in icy weather.

Ouch, main thing is she's okay, but as you say - not heard of that before...

Hope her a speedy recovery (y)

Hope it's not permanent damage, looks painful :(
I had something similar happen a few years ago but luckily no damage to me
Give her my best for a speedy recovery

Poor weather can be hazardous.
Many wouldn't expect something like this to happen.

I hope her a speedy recovery and I for one will be more vigilant in icy weather.
I honestly never considered my car sliding backward from a parked position so thought I could maybe give others the heads up.

If there wasn't enough traction to progress forward then logically it would be the point of potential slide if given a a bit of inertia (driver shifting out the door).

Hope the other half makes a full recovery, could've been a lot worse.

Ironically it might have been taking her weight off the wheels that just dropped grip enough to allow it to start sliding. Once these things start it's very hard to stop them.

Back