Beach Photoshoot (model)

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
A few fun hours spent on Talacre beach, north Wales.

'behind the scenes' photographs are available on my Facebook business page. www.facebook.com/ssharmanphotography

003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

Love the first two Scott, really want to try this myself soon, not keen on the angle in no 3 I dont think it flatters the model at all, no4 her expression sort of lets this shot down, or it maybe the fact she is looking directly at Camera

PS: just viewing the behind the scenes shots on FB, brilliant stuff, really helps to see how you set things up, hope you had plenty of hot drinks for your model :)

Last edited:
I agree plus the angle of the lighthouse looks weird- a quick straighten is in order :shrug:???

Les (y)

It's a case of "Each to their own" The facial expression on the 4th shot is exactly how I wanted (moody, not caring etc)

I deliberately shot the lighthouse shots wide angle and on a slant, needed to create a 'feel' to the photograph

Quite like them, as for the slant on the lighthouse, I like, but then I do allot of slanted stuff with my model stuff so perhaps a tad biased :) but I feel it dose give an edge to them, the only thing in 4 I am not sure on is the landing on the LH, think with her head sitting in it looks slightly odd, maybe a slightly different angle would help, but hey that's being picky :)

Off for a look at you FB page, see what else you have, and with luck mine should appear in the sig here if you fancy a look ;)

Hi Scott, Nice set and thanks for sharing the 'behind the scenes' shots, very interesting.

For the record #4 is definitely my favourite, its different and edgy whereas #1 and #2 are quite standard type model shots although I do admire your lovely model for getting in that cold water on what looks like a very chilly day.

jeff

Last edited:
Meter on the background, I never use ETTL everything I do in on Manual.

Feel free to add me on Facebook if you fancy a chat sometime

Light is almost good only few shadows on face making mess. The scene is good, the poses are fine. But man you have to do smth with those legs in first pictures. Near the lighthouse everything is perfect but in sea... One leg is same size as two heads and it's really anoying.

OK everyone is entitled to there opinion but is it really necessary to attack someones physical appearance -NO

Here's a thought, it was shot with a wide angle lens.. perhaps that's why items in the foreground appear larger than normal

The shots of the model in the sea are excellent, love the lighting looks fresh, had a look at your facebook page for the behind the scenes work, good stuff there giving away trade secrets:D

spike

I thought it was a good set, especially so once i'd seen the behind the scenes stuff. Cheers

OK everyone is entitled to there opinion but is it really necessary to attack someones physical appearance -NO

Here's a thought, it was shot with a wide angle lens.. perhaps that's why items in the foreground appear larger than normal
Please dont find any offense in my post, I'm just saying that sometimes people have bigger problems like scars, sometimes even missing some body parts or anything like that. And then it becomes only to photographer to show that or not. Almost everyone have appearance differences, but it's only to photographer to hide that or to "make it" sweet like in last one. I will say again - last pictures, those are "bravo" shots and nothing else.

Last edited:
Back