Bean bag help!

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi I'm using a Nikon D5200 and Sigma 150-600 c lens and have it on a strap, but when in hides I rest my hand on the edge supporting my lens, which make my hand painful, so thinking about getting a bean bag, but not sure which one to go for, size wize

Personally I wouldn't go too small, mine is about 18" made up of several filled pouches, it can be rolled up, shaped (to a point) and allows for movement of the lens without it sliding off onto the wood.

Personally I wouldn't go too small, mine is about 18" made up of several filled pouches, it can be rolled up, shaped (to a point) and allows for movement of the lens without it sliding off onto the wood.
sounds good which make/model is it? thanks

I often use large lenses (Canon 300 F2.8 and 800 F5.6) in hides where tripods would be inappropriate. Both of these lenses have Neoprene covers from here:

http://www.outdoorphotographygear.co.uk/

These protect my lenses very nicely when being supported by hides. A bean bag is great, I have one, but just don't bother with it! As you lens is an extending zoom they may not be quite as good (depends where you rest the lens barrel) but well worth a look.

Got it here: www.trevorhannant.com but it doesn't look like he still does the same one.

I got one of these ones to take on my safari, was really good, although it is pretty big! took up a lot of room in my suit case. The design meant it sat on the lip of the roof panel nicely and stopped it falling off.
I used it with an 80d and a 100-400.

I got my bean bag, and filled it with nuts and seeds, and made the wife carry it[emoji16] she was not impressed, and said it needs a 50/50 split with foam balls and seeds!

Back