Beard care products....

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone use beard wax or balm?
I just shampoo my goatee in the shower.
Was wondering if I should try some care products?

Anyone got any recommendations?
;)

I've grown a beard during the first lockdown so also new to the world of beard care products. Currently using some rhubarb and custard beard balm I found on Amazon. Have previously tried the Gillette one which wasn't too bad.
Also using the Gillette beard wash at the minute which I think is fairly good for the money.

I've grown a beard during the first lockdown so also new to the world of beard care products. Currently using some rhubarb and custard beard balm I found on Amazon. Have previously tried the Gillette one which wasn't too bad.
Also using the Gillette beard wash at the minute which I think is fairly good for the money.
Thanks,
Does the balm help with shaping/stray hairs etc?

start here https://www.satonmybutt.co.uk/category/beard-care-product-reviews/

Seriously, Zec's reviewed hundreds of beard care products and has always been unbiased. I've tried a few and always end up back with balbo beard products.

Yes you can use ordinary shampoo in your beard but it will be much better with a beard shampoo or soap, balms are more for nourishing the hair and the skin underneath as are oils though more for the dry skin under the beard. I don't use much anymore sadly since having to cut my beard right back for work :-(

Anyone use beard wax or balm?
I just shampoo my goatee in the shower.
Was wondering if I should try some care products?

Anyone got any recommendations?
;)

I have this at the moment from balbo and its very nice. https://www.balbobeardco.co.uk/ourshop/prod_6935826-Winter-Beard-Balm-60ml.html

Thing is about beard products you'll always get people like the post just above saying it's b****x, I was one of them, but, part of it can be about caring for your skin underneath as well as the beard, but some of it is just about having something nice and smelling good and that makes you just simply feelgood. There's no downside.

If you want a code for 20% off balbo stuff send me a message.

I've had a beard for over 40 years and at no point has it ever squeaked or started going rusty , so never felt the need for any of the "Beard Oil" or similar b****x.
It's not so much the shampoos or oils I'm thinking about, more something to control the shape/ stray hairs etc.
I've read a lot of reviews about wax, which is definitely used for shaping, but can be sticky.
I've also read that some balms offer some control over shape/stray hairs.
The problem is, someone says this is great, and then another says it's crap, hence asking for any suggestions or experience etc....

Shape and stray hairs will need trimming to maintain.

Roll on summer - ice cream makes the perfect beard gel and tastes great too! :p

Thanks,
Does the balm help with shaping/stray hairs etc?
I have found the current one I am using and the Gillette one does have some hold/shaping control. I did start out with Bulldog beard balm but that felt just like it moisturised more than anything.

I had a beard for over twenty years and never needed anything other than a battery operated beard trimmer and a pair of quality scissors. The beard trimmer was laziness though, scissors on their own would have been fine.

As for products . . . pfff! Are there no real men any more? Are we to follow the path of women being 'conned' into believing we need special shampoo, conditioner, oils and other such 'pansy' type stuff? I use soap and a deodorant - that's it.

Just leave me to drag my knuckles out of here . . . :exit:

Save your money, just use soap and water.
Why not save even more and just use water. :LOL:
I currently use shampoo when I'm in the shower.
I wouldn't use soap on my hair, so why would I use it on my beard?

Last edited:
I used to just use normal shampoo to wash my beard but always had issues with dry skin under my beard, I recently started using beard oil which has sorted that out. As has been said stray hairs don’t argue with a trimmer, wax products do help....for like 3 minutes, then at the first ponderous rub of the beard you’re back where you started, just keep them short and uniform and you’re good to go.

Back