Beautiful but deadly

Edit My Images
No
I recently discovered that hellebores, some of which are currently in full bloom in my garden, are poisonous. Apparently they used to be a kill or cure remedy for worms, were used to poison water supplies in sieges, and can cause cardiac arrest! So, when I came to photograph them I chose a black background and cold natural light to show off the subdued colour of these deadly blooms.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/2008/01/kill-or-cure.html

Hellebores.jpg

that's a gorgeous shot (y)

Stunning shot, beautiful colour and your exposure is showing the texture really well and the whole shot is lifted by the cream stamens. (y)

Wow, stunning :clap:

Thanks for the positives on this shot guys. I used the Oly 35macro, looking for detail and tight framing. Thanks for the feedback on the write-up that accompanies the shot Spence - much appreciated!

Regards, Tony

rather good

Very nice Tony.. I might get some of these.. the wifes getting a bit old now you see... :LOL:

Its a shame the second flowers err.. pollen things.. (I know my stuff) are cut out..

Lovely ...

The lighting is superb!!

Really wonderful shot
I dont normally go for flower shots but this is superb
Pete

Thanks for the further kind words folks. I grabbed these blooms out of a vase of flowers my wife prepared this afternoon. I took some shots with bounced flash too, but it made the flowers look too bright and bouncy!

Regards, Tony

Very, very good.

:agree:
One of the best flower shots i've seen in a while. Well done.

To use the natural light from a window... do you have to darken the rest of the room to get it to look like this?
It is wonderful and Id love to have a go at this.

Back