Critique Beautiful Butterfly, Heath Fritillary

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
I spotted this little beauty resting for the night on this flower, A few shots taken as always.
It was a cold morning too about 14 degs ;) and the butterfly was still on its perch, as soon as the sun cam up and warmed the wings it was off like the wind.
View attachment 38588
Thanks for looking and any C&C is welcome.

Last edited:
Beautiful not quite sure what it is tho

That's nice Graham, can't help with ID though.(y)

George.

looks like heath, I'm not very good on fritillary id...these are quite rare...good shot.
Thanksfor your comment, Maybe rare for you in the cold UK but im in the south of France :D and its lovely and warm, butterfly heaven here.

Lovely shot but no good with IDing fritillary types...
So lucky to have those in your garden :)
Clive

Can't please everyone for what it's worth I think the other thread is way over saturated. :)

Hi Bryn, thanks for your comments. I have boosted the saturation of my image in Canon DPP, as otherwise I think they look a little washed-out SOOC. I would respectfully disagree however that's it's way over saturated. Comparing this pic to others I've taken of the same species over the years, which have been given the same degree of PP, this is genuinely a more brightly-marked butterfly.

HOWEVER, I'm aware that I'm largely winging it with respect to PP, so am happy to learn if I'm doing something wrong :). In DPP, I increased the saturation level to 108, from a default setting of 100. Is this indeed "way over saturated"? What do other DPP users do? Sorry for the thread hijack Graham, but I'll take any opportunity I can to learn something new.

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Bryn, thanks for your comments. I have boosted the saturation of my image in Canon DPP, as otherwise I think they look a little washed-out SOOC. I would respectfully disagree however that's it's way over saturated. Comparing this pic to others I've taken of the same species over the years, which have been given the same degree of PP, this is genuinely a more brightly-marked butterfly.

HOWEVER, I'm aware that I'm largely winging it with respect to PP, so am happy to learn if I'm doing something wrong :). In DPP, I increased the saturation level to 108, from a default setting of 100. Is this indeed "way over saturated"? What do other DPP users do? Sorry for the thread hijack Graham, but I'll take any opportunity I can to learn something new.

Cheers,
Dave

I will take this to your thread... note the image you see in the OP is increased saturation it got updated from the original 'washed out as you say'

Sorry don't use DPP as use lightroom.

Back