Beautiful Day at the lake

Try it with other images , you may not like the processing at all... This processing works on some images and not others ;)

Usually best with summery ones

Pirate, I for one haven't been particularly fond of any of your recent photo's but have withheld from critting because you seem to dismiss any negative comments, your processing technique seems to be the major cause but I have also felt that you used your PP to hide any compositional errors. I am not sure why I am posting this but... (Oh and have fun looking for my images attempting to ignore my crit as I have posted very little on the forums, and not for quite a while)(Sorry, Gary as this post probably goes agaisnt your Critique campaign (which I admire) but I didn't really feel I could really offer specific Critique as I am talking about a wide range of images)

Pirate, I for one haven't been particularly fond of any of your recent photo's but have withheld from critting because you seem to dismiss any negative comments, your processing technique seems to be the major cause but I have also felt that you used your PP to hide any compositional errors.

Not at all on both counts :)

It depends on the crit , it seems to me that this Orton processing has it's fans and its critics Just like HDR. I like crit that gives me new ideas , something to try if i went back and kept to it when i did go back. Think of it like a car and someone says that'd look great resprayed in red. You agree go back and respray it in red " Nope don't like that all " , But YOU just said it would look good in red.

There are numorus things not only on TP but Flickr aswell that really REALLY annoy me and others are not seeing it or refuse to see it. Remember the Rule of the third fiasco? , funny don't hear of that anymore :shrug:

Back