Beautiful Flowers

Very nice series Bryn. Is there a reason you used flash on the flowers ? Not something I normally do ( but have ) :D

Main reason often too lazy whilst shooting bugs to turn it off.... but a more serious answer I find I prefer the colour rendition it gives and the scope gained in PP especially used as more a fill than anything.

Nice set Bryn, with the last two being my preferred shots.(y)

George.

Cheers Nick appreciate your comment. Did you catch my non flash efforts on the flower on flickr is the diffused ambient shot too

I see four images Bryn, two pairs, all four non-flash according to the Exif, but very different colours between the images in each pair. What is the story there? Is one of each pair diffused ambient? How are you diffusing the ambient?

2,3 & 5 for me, but they all look nice and as said, the BG`s look tasty :)

What is the story there? Is one of each pair diffused ambient?

Not sure where you see 4 the black background are flash. Ending 849 is direct sunlight and gets the same effect as flash. The one above is diffused and done using a transparent bit of a 5 in 1 reflector held above flower to block direct sunlight.

Not sure where you see 4

Over at Flickr. _13A5851, _13A5851-2, _13A5852, _13A5852-2

the black background are flash. Ending 849

_13A5902? (I don't see anything ending 849)

is direct sunlight and gets the same effect as flash. The one above is diffused and done using a transparent bit of a 5 in 1 reflector held above flower to block direct sunlight.

Got it. Something I should do more of. I carry a diffuser around the whole time, but haven't used it for ages.

Good point about how natural light can give you dark backgrounds too.

Back