Beautiful Highcliff

Name
Brad
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out this morning nice and early to master the art of blurring water and getting the effects and settings correct at Highcliff near Christchurch.

Three of my best efforts. CC more than welcome, what do you think? Personally I like number 1 the best, love the early morning blue tones.

No1 ISO 200 f14 3secs.

Tranqullity.jpg

No2 ISO 200 f22 1.5 secs Thought I would put this one in to B+W.

Highseas.jpg

No3 ISO 200 f22 1.2 secs

smoothie.jpg

The colour in #1 is stunning. Did you ps it at all? I love the way the lights are reflected in the water - a very neat touch.

That's a good capture of the wave breaking in #2, but for me, I'd like to see a bit more contrast to reflect the drama of the wave.

Highcliffe beach is a great location and it's nice to have it to yourself - gets very busy in the summer. I also like Mudeford quay - a good place for sunsets, with a handy pub nearby. :D

Jean

Jean,

I only applied a little sharpening to the shots and very slight adjustment on the saturation and contrast. Apart from that, what you see is straight out of the camera. As you say 2 could do with a little more contrast, I will have a tinker with this. :)

I isolated the sky and worked on the foreground areas. Slight alteration in levels, then set the white point on the waves in curves. A few more slight adjustments in the contrast plus shadows and highlights. Finally added a little more sharpening. :)

Back