Beautiful Kent Sunset

I also prefer this one.

It positively screams 'England' at me. Something for which I'm most grateful for at the moment, being stuck in a hot & dusty hellhole.

It's nice, but I think the problem with taking shots of sunsets is that you have to be careful of losing all sense of focus. They're so beautiful IRL and any time I've tried to shoot (from the top of Wye downs, for instance, where you should get a beautiful shot) just ends up looking a bit "meh".

I think it's because there isn't really anything to focus on except the big ball of sun, which isn't something you want to look at for any length of time. It's the same in your shot. My eye doesn't really settle anywhere, but does keep getting drawn to the cow in the front middle of the shot!! ;) Ultimately I don't think it captures what was probably a beautiful scene in reality.

Just had a 2nd look and I've done a quick and dirty edit. I think this looks a lot more stylish - like a Colin Prior shot and I think you see more of the landscape too.

210nacl.png

I have to disagree with the above, I think the lead in lines of the trees and hedgerow bring you in perfectly to the stunning sunset and the amazing sky. The above crop loses the sky which is a big shame IMO. The whole image works perfectly too me and it looks like a stunning bit of land :) (y)

Back