Beautiful Mason Bee

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
This one has made a home in the brickwork in my garden - such a splendid little bee.

1200maso03.jpg

1200maso01.jpg

1200maso02.jpg

Paul.

Nice set of images Paul, with #1 being my preferred shot.(y)

George.

Hi Paul,
Nice looking Bee, really like the colours on it, maybe its a Osmia adunca! I`m sure someone will ID it for you.
I got a shot of one back in March.

Very colourful looking bee, almost metalic

What a beauty, I haven't seen one yet!!! You will have more chance to take photos of it soon:)

Nice set. #1 stands out for me Paul.

Nice set of images Paul, with #1 being my preferred shot.(y)

George.

Hi Paul,
Nice looking Bee, really like the colours on it, maybe its a Osmia adunca! I`m sure someone will ID it for you.
I got a shot of one back in March.

Very nice Paul

Thank you all :)

Its a blue mason bee btw...

Paul.

I love bees but rarely take any photos for fun, might make this my mission this summer to find some and do something that isn't work orientated :)

I love that golden sheen - its eyes look like tigers eye in these shots. I like the first especially.

Thank you Emma :)

I love bees but rarely take any photos for fun, might make this my mission this summer to find some and do something that isn't work orientated :)

Yeah you should - remember they are a threatened species and every photo is a priceless record.

Paul.

We had some in the studio walls for a bit. Kinda scary with the noise but they didn't stay too long for some reason :)

Beautiful! I like shot 3 the best, with the small spot of sunlight reflecting from the side of his back and making the colours really glitter. Plus a lovely view of that fabulous eye and his 'moustache'.

These are rapidly becoming some of my favourite bees :D

Beautiful! I like shot 3 the best, with the small spot of sunlight reflecting from the side of his back and making the colours really glitter. Plus a lovely view of that fabulous eye and his 'moustache'.

These are rapidly becoming some of my favourite bees :D

This is what macro does Sarah isn't it? Gives us the chance to appreciate the wonders of little insects that normally is just something buzzing around the garden... :)

Paul

This is what macro does Sarah isn't it? Gives us the chance to appreciate the wonders of little insects that normally is just something buzzing around the garden... :)

Paul

Very true! I've noticed so much more while sitting and waiting for something to turn up that I can photograph :)

I notice so much more since taking up macro and know so much more about invertebrates and I am learing all the time

Back