Name
Alistair Vannet
Edit My Images
Yes
Hope everyone enjoys, C&C Welcome :)

Potraiture.jpg

Potraiture-3.jpg

Potraiture-2.jpg

Now there's a lass who likes the camera!, love the pose and expression in the first shot and the hair in the second is great, not so fond of the third though, she looks a bit uncomfortable in that one.

Agree with Steep - the natural hair looks really good in the second and the expression in the first says it all! A bit more expression in the third would have made it as good as the others.

Now to be contrary. I prefer the 1st one. The severe crop, eye contact and stray hair works for me.

She's a pretty girl, and I know it's not strictly cricket, but IMHO a few clicks of the spot healing tool wouldnt go amiss.

Sharp intake of breath.......you're braver than me oldgit...

I think the oldgit was right. Just had a couple of minutes with it, Looks a bit better.

Potraiture-31.jpg

all good but second one my favorite, which I feel could be improved with some PP.

Hope you don't mind, thought number 2 in mono would be nice :)

Click on the picture for the bigger version.

Great captures, but I am going to go with Pauls bravado and say that the bright red lipstick is doing her and the pics no favours, its just detracting from those gorgeous eyes, as shown by the first pic where its effects have been neutralised. She does love the camera though and its quite found of her. (y)

Nice set that's improved no end with the healing brush. If you isolate the eyes in the first shot, they are reminiscent of Nicole Kidmans eyes...

Hi Guys thanks for all the comments and edits (y) I will have to go to town on a few of these photos with the clone tool before the final prints are due in!!! I like the mono versions aswell, I was quite annoyed that we have to produce them in colour only as I feel the mono versions have alot more impact?

Thanks again :)

Call me contrary....

IMO the first two are slightly underexposed and grey. The third one is much stronger technically. While I like the expressions in the first two images, I don't find them particularly flattering (skin issues aside.) The third image, while she doesn't look terribly friendly, is much more polished than the others.

- CJ

What an absolutely stunning face this girl has!
I agree that the skin needs evening out, and the red lipstick is a bit too strong for naked skin but she's so very compelling to look at.
2 is my fave & I hope you dont mind, but I had a play too.
First effort is a more natural take on the shot, and my 2nd play is a little more ott but, how I would imagine her to look if it really were a front cover.

CopyofPotraiture-3Glo.jpg

CopyofPotraiture-3Glo1.jpg

Call me contrary....

IMO the first two are slightly underexposed and grey. The third one is much stronger technically. While I like the expressions in the first two images, I don't find them particularly flattering (skin issues aside.) The third image, while she doesn't look terribly friendly, is much more polished than the others.

- CJ

I wouldn't disagree with you their CJ, I don't really like my images to be totally High key. I preffer to be the smallest part of a stop under as I feel their is more detail in a shot that way, for these types of shots thats possibley not the best way to go about it as the high key effect is kind of the shot?

Ally, I often do as you mentioned and slightly underexpose (and/or print dark) my shots for effect. You have to be careful, though; in this case, it's not necessarily going to be flattering to see every tiny detail, i.e. spots on the skin and tiny wrinkles.

I'm not suggesting these need to be high key, although Glo's second edit is really beautiful. They just need to not look grey. See the difference in your original post between the second and third images? I wouldn't call the third high-key, but it is more pleasant in tone and more flattering to the model.

- CJ

Thought I'd give it a go too!

retouch4.jpg

What an absolutely stunning face this girl has!
I agree that the skin needs evening out, and the red lipstick is a bit too strong for naked skin but she's so very compelling to look at.
2 is my fave & I hope you dont mind, but I had a play too.
First effort is a more natural take on the shot, and my 2nd play is a little more ott but, how I would imagine her to look if it really were a front cover.

CopyofPotraiture-3Glo.jpg

CopyofPotraiture-3Glo1.jpg

Both conversions are excellent Glo. Do you mind sharing the process you used, mine tend to look a little flat when I try to airbrush the skin

Had a quick go at the B/W too.

retouch5.jpg

Definately number 2 for me as well, and really like Glo,s version, also like the b&w version too (y)

I tried out my retouching on the second pic, but can't seem to attach it to my reply... maybe I haven't got enough posts?

Anyway, I basically used healing brush all round, then render omni light over the face, then brightened the eyes, then set curves for the whole pic...

Rayboy, would really like to see your edit too.
If you pic is 200kb or less, you can put it in your gallery here and copy the BBCode into the post to show your image.
If the pic is a larger filesize you need to host it somewhere like www.photobucket.com
Either way images are to be no bigger than 800px on the longest side. Hth. :)

Both my edits were done using this technique, to different varying degrees.

Back