Bedruthan Steps Cornwall Very early this morning

Edit My Images
No
Up at 5am this morning to get here for 6am, found the gates locked when I got there so thought I'd climb over after travelling for over an hour. Halfway down realised there were no handrails due to repairs steps were slippery and its a long way down on near vertical stairs!! Took a very slow walk :) All taken with Cokin P grads, very misty morning and my filters were getting soaked and steaming up :)

55803283.jpg

54454276.jpg

After climbing the 200 or so stairs back up I still had this hill to climb and another around the corner! Will sleep for a week now!

49950868.jpg

It's a magical place, one of my favourites anywhere.

It must have been as fabulous as it looks here to have had it all to yourself this morning. (y)

It is a surreal place, the wave noise is almost deafening but still one of the nicest sounds I have ever heard. You signature "objects become distinctly less photogenic when they are over 500 yards from the car" has a real truth to it at the moment though :)

Last edited:
Your signature "objects become distinctly less photogenic when they are over 500 yards from the car" has a real truth to it at the moment though

I took the heaviest camera kit I've ever been out with down there a couple of times over a weekend a couple of years back. About 35kgs all in all and after the two treks down there and a good 10 miles of other random coastal paths, I really did wish I was dead.

In fact at one point I had such severe chest pains, I thought I was going to drop dead of a heart attack right there on the path. It turned out I had done up the front strap across the chest on the rucksack too tight. :nuts::bonk:

The quote by the way, is from Edward Weston. I figured if it's good enough for him, it'll do me. :D

I know what you mean, I had my backpack with at least 20kg in it and that was enough for me! Sometimes less is more :)

The second shots a cracker. I like the contrast between the blue of the sky and the orangey sand.

Super pics. Donkeys years since I was there. Brings back great memories.
One of the UK's scenic gems.

Lovely photo's, the sea is something i'd like to have a go at,
i used to live in Nth Cornwall as a kid, miss it like hell.

Cornwall has that effect on you Graham, I lived in newquay when I was 19. I moved from The North to Brighton several years ago but still always wanted to get back to Cornwall. I love every day now and don't regret a thing!

Great compositions and great use of filters. Particularly like #2 which is dynamic and fulll of movement. Need to watch vigneting when using a super wide though!

It's a wonderful place. I helped move that granite money box on the right hand side of your third photo. Two of us with iron bars took it to the car park and loaded it on a trailer to be repaired, it then had to go back. I also helped build the rope fence a little higher up the path, it's there to help stop the erosion of the grassland with too many people cutting the corner.

Lovely photos by the way.

Back