bee asleep

Name
Geof
Edit My Images
Yes

trelissick gardens cornwall

this be was resting and breathing...if i had a more macro lens i might have went closer...so i settled for a cameo instead with its work all around him

cheers
geof

That's actually quite sweet Geoff.
I like the way he's nestled down into the flower like that and it's quite nice to see a bit of environment around him rather than the usual macro shot. Personally I'd be tempted to crop in just a little closer though.

Not sure if it's the image resizing, the PP or something else, but there's something very odd going on with the oof flower heads in this one . . . strange green haloing around them :thinking:

That's actually quite sweet Geoff.
I like the way he's nestled down into the flower like that and it's quite nice to see a bit of environment around him rather than the usual macro shot. Personally I'd be tempted to crop in just a little closer though.

Not sure if it's the image resizing, the PP or something else, but there's something very odd going on with the oof flower heads in this one . . . strange green haloing around them :thinking:

absolutely correct SarahLee
i deliberately did some out of the box stuff to make the shot less 'real'
its deliberate...and was done with an HDR programme

thanks for the good critique
cheers
geof

Aaaaaahhhh . . . now I know it's deliberate I can sort of see where you were going with it.

Not sure that it quite works for me, I think it's distracting me from the bee too much. But the more I look at it the more it starts to look almost like an embroidered pattern.

I like it a lot Geof, screams summer to me a lovely warm vibrant shot.

Aaaaaahhhh . . . now I know it's deliberate I can sort of see where you were going with it.

Not sure that it quite works for me, I think it's distracting me from the bee too much. But the more I look at it the more it starts to look almost like an embroidered pattern.

in various competitions i used to win with shots like this...the runners up said i was designing wallpaper...what the hell we all enjoy our phun

cheers
geof

I like it a lot Geof, screams summer to me a lovely warm vibrant shot.

thanks Steve
glad you saw perhaps what i saw...and then brought it about in pp
its my corner of the photo world...emotion and abstractness

cheers
geof

Fantastic shot Geoff, I didnt even see the the PPing until I read SarahLee's comment. It does look a little weird but it works and draws my eye to the bee

Mark (y)

I see you wear your TP hard-hat Geoff, just in case of any bother?? ;)

I see you wear your TP hard-hat Geoff, just in case of any bother?? ;)

its a special hard hat...it comes unlettered with a lettering set
recently i put houses of parliament security on it
i had to do a pirouette to let them read it
i wound up in macdonalds in oxford street with a sore bum..:LOL:

its a sign of personality weakness having to wear a fancy hat...i admit it

cheers
geof

Fantastic shot Geoff, I didnt even see the the PPing until I read SarahLee's comment. It does look a little weird but it works and draws my eye to the bee

Mark (y)

thanks Mark...you have a very discerning eye and cant be sidetracked from your objectives
cheers
geof

Really nice shot, love the colours!

thanks Rose
the colours i can now see really do support the little tired chap on the flowers
i used agressive pp using tone mapping..will try some more like this

cheers
geof

Back