Bee-fly pics so far this year...

Edit My Images
No
A couple of pics of the ones I have managed to photograph so far this year. Always a treat to see them.

p741561093-4.jpg

p939978932-4.jpg

p834425997-4.jpg

p958682968-4.jpg

Linda

Hi Linda, I have seen some in the garden this morning but they are too quick for me at the moment. #3 is my pick of this set. ;)

Hi Linda, I have seen some in the garden this morning but they are too quick for me at the moment. #3 is my pick of this set. ;)

Hi Alby - how ya doin?

Yes, they are behaving differently this year, they are spending much more time skimming over the ground for holes than feeding. Previous years, I have mostly seen them feeding and occasionally skimming the ground, but this year, they have been pretty elusive for feeding shots. Seen loads of them out and about. Am hoping they will settle down a bit for more feeding pics.

Linda

Im into Macro and No3 is just superb- wish I had the time to go and do some - but works a little hectic for me just now :wacky:

Lovely set :clap:

:Les (y)

Hi Alby - how ya doin?

Yes, they are behaving differently this year, they are spending much more time skimming over the ground for holes than feeding. Previous years, I have mostly seen them feeding and occasionally skimming the ground, but this year, they have been pretty elusive for feeding shots. Seen loads of them out and about. Am hoping they will settle down a bit for more feeding pics.

Linda

I'm fine, just getting over some ankle surgery which has slowed me down a bit. I finally bought that Hoverfly book by Stubbs, just waiting for it to arrive :D I trust you are well? Funny but I have seen lots of beefly shots this year and seen more than I normally do in the garden, must be a good year for them round here I expect.

Im into Macro and No3 is just superb- wish I had the time to go and do some - but works a little hectic for me just now :wacky:

Lovely set :clap:

:Les (y)

Many thanks - yes I know what you mean about work getting in the way, I have the same problem myself lol

Linda

I'm fine, just getting over some ankle surgery which has slowed me down a bit. I finally bought that Hoverfly book by Stubbs, just waiting for it to arrive :D I trust you are well? Funny but I have seen lots of beefly shots this year and seen more than I normally do in the garden, must be a good year for them round here I expect.

Oooh, that sounds painful - take it easy then and no slipping down any holes in the garden!

Its a very handy book to have, although with all the text, it just makes it far more complicated than I ever thought possible to ID even the more common ones lol. Its great with all the plates in the back though as that does help to point you in the right direction most of the time.

Yes, its a good year for them this year. It was pretty good for them last year, so they are on a roll at the moment lol.

like the colours in the last two with the 3rd having the best composition - not something i see down here in Cornwall for some reason :shrug:

like the colours in the last two with the 3rd having the best composition - not something i see down here in Cornwall for some reason :shrug:

Thanks - you should have them down there, so look closer to the ground than you would normally for bees and hovers as their behaviour isnt quite the same.

Linda

Back