Critique Bee

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Just to start out my own critique, the bee is a little bit too centered for my liking. Moving it a bit to the right would have helped.
Maybe cropping a bit of the bottom as well?

ThanksView attachment 39478

Composition wise a crop of the rhs down the obvious space between the two areas of crocuses would strengthen it but not to everyone's taste as it would make it a square format;) and yes perhaps a bit off the bottom, enough to remove the oof yellow stamens?

Having said that unfortunately the bee itself is out of focus especially so as the DoF is razor thin and looks like you did not actually focus on the bee to start with.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm impressed you can tell the bee is out-of-focus on the cut-down JPEG, but you're right, unfortunately it is ever so slightly. I have just checked the focus point in the original and it's at the bee's bottom, so not sure what's happened. Could it be something else causing a slightly fuzzy look?

I might try cropping it a bit tighter to lose the right hand flowers and a bit of the bottom, but if it doesn't look sharp it will only make it worse.

Thanks

Seeing as its wings are beating the bee would have been in constant movement and without knowing the EXIF data re aperture which looks like it was wide open ( razor thin DoF) and possibly too slow a shutter speed to freeze the movement. Plus was this handheld?

Frankly were this mine it I would have binned it on the first cull through, in other words if the prime subject is not sharp why give it further attention!

It's 150mm (DX) @ 2.8 and 1/2000s. Hey, I have to practice to learn. I also wanted feedback on composition etc, I just need the learning experience, won't try and sell it to anyone :)

Back