beeb bridge

Lovely composition but overexposed, possibly by as much as 2 stops. Can you pull it back in post a bit?

When taking such shots I find blue hour the best time as it gives you some colour in the sky and then I often bracket exposure and combine in post to ensure this highlights aren’t blown out. If going for a single shot underexpose slightly and raise the shadows in post.

Lovely composition but overexposed, possibly by as much as 2 stops. Can you pull it back in post a bit?

When taking such shots I find blue hour the best time as it gives you some colour in the sky and then I often bracket exposure and combine in post to ensure this highlights aren’t blown out. If going for a single shot underexpose slightly and raise the shadows in post.

This is spot on, and I agree about the composition. As @Broazo says the blue hour gives a bit of light in the sky and can make a significant difference to the image. As examples:-

Just as lights come on - not sure if the under bridge ones are working at the monet, they weren't a couple of weeks ago

150725 Salford Quays - Blue Hour Approaching sm by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Blue Hour

180519 Media City - Blue Hour by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Full night

171211 Salford Quays 05 by David Yeoman, on Flickr.

I hope these help (they were bracketed shots and merged in post), but you certainly are on teh right tracks with a nice dynamic composition.

thanks fellas , certainly help a lot, can now see its over done I will try and rescue it a bit, I was having a play with long exposure. trial and error, think this was at 30s ! blown away with your shots David I will go back and try again (needs to warm up a bit):D thanks again

Back