beech trees b-w version

Name
William A Dobson
Edit My Images
Yes
beech_trees.jpg

You've almost got a very good shot there. I love the processing and the conversion. The edges of the tree being cut off bother me slightly and I feel the composition is a little akward. Perhaps if you'd have moved more to the right to have the road sweeping from left to right could have helped the composition? I dunno ... excuse my ramblings ;)

Very nice, good mood! Not sure about the composition either though :)

thanks jay I liked that side because am a cloud fan, although I can also see that to others it contains nothing really!

I like your composition. The space on the left gives stature and context to the trees, and the strong cloud formation give some visual weight to the left of the shot. This is the sort of composition an eighteenth century landscape painter might have used, except he'd have had a few cows or a yokel or two in the field on the left. Were there none around at the time :).

Regards, Tony

I like the processing and composition other than lopping the very top branches off!

Nice stuff!

It's been said already, the processing is superb, I can live with the composition but agree with the comments on how it can be improved. I guess what I'm saying is I really like it, I could really love it:)

I know I commented on your other thread that the balance was better in mono however in this version the crop on the left hand side is noticeably darker than the grass on the right. Correct this and the accent goes back those wonderful lines that this photograph possesses.

Sorry to be cribbing again. :D

(y)

dont worry about it himupnorth, we all see things slightly different and have our own loves/hates, would be a boring place if we were all the same :LOL: how many times do we change things then come right back and cant decide and thats with our own photos too, I think we are our own biggest critics as we know what we want but are never satisfied !!

Back