Been done a million times...

Doesn't matter if it's been done before by other people. I think you still have to try;)

I like it. The bales are nice strong shapes and the 3 different bands of colour are good. The sky's maybe a bit bright but I think that is an easy fix. :)

I know what you mean Scott, the season dictates just like e.g. bluebells, rapeseed, poppies etc but every shot shows a different take on the subject, i like yours it's different to most, lovely greenery backdrop with blue sky and nicely balanced and spaced bales (y)

I agree, the three bands of colour work well.
It's not a "hay bale" photo, but a landscape photo with bales in, so I think that is what makes it work.

I would be proud if it was my pic, so Yeah, I like it.

As already said different to the norm hay bale shots!(y)

The sky maybe a tad over exposed,did you filter it down?

If not just apply a grad filter effect in pp!(y)

The only thing i would suggest to improve it would be to shoot it in the golden hour as the light is a little harsh!(y)

Thank you all for the great comments. I'll retry the PP at the weekend! :)

Exposure, light and framing are all sound, the weakness (for me) is the positioning of the bales.

Most landscape images have distinct 'lead in' lines, i.e roads/paths, shadows, light, rocks etc that invite you in to the composition, in this image the lines of bales lead you out in stead of in the composition, that is your eyes are led from bottom right and leave the scene on the left a 1/4 of the way up.

A stronger composition would be if you had moved further round to your right, and used the line of bails to pull you into instead of out of the image.

Still, I do like where you are going with this

some things are irresistable
all is well
cheers
geof

As already said different to the norm hay bale shots!(y)

The sky maybe a tad over exposed,did you filter it down?

If not just apply a grad filter effect in pp!(y)

The only thing i would suggest to improve it would be to shoot it in the golden hour as the light is a little harsh!(y)

I agree. Would have been nice with some longer shadows from bales and less harsh sky (although as said this can be fixed in pp). Otherwise an attractive image.

Back