been having a fiddle

Edit My Images
Yes
Was bored yesterday so opened Photomatix, last attempt was so bad I haven't opened it for about 4 months.
Should I bin this one aswell ??

dodgedHDR.jpg

You now know the reason for not using it for 4 months

Doesn't work for me either sorry
garbage_can_hopping_gray_md_wht.gif

It didn't work for me either :)
The reason I posted it was because a friend who has never seen any sort of HDR, good or bad , said wow do me a print of that !!!!!!! I just needed a reality check :) and got one, thanks :)

be back in April

They're a tough lot sometimes Shorn..:D

Well I was gobsmacked when I downloaded my email 10 mins ago, this was what I recieved :)

Hi David,

Could you send us your contact details please so we can send you your £10 cheque as the picture went in this week's issue? Also, we have been contacted by a lady called Debra who I believe would like to buy a copy of it

Truly gobsmacked :)
but hey a sale is a sale :):woot:

congrats
lucky the binmen hadn't been!

Well I was gobsmacked when I downloaded my email 10 mins ago, this was what I recieved :)

Hi David,

Could you send us your contact details please so we can send you your £10 cheque as the picture went in this week's issue? Also, we have been contacted by a lady called Debra who I believe would like to buy a copy of it

Truly gobsmacked :)
but hey a sale is a sale :):woot:

This weeks issue of? LOL

That's massively over-saturated. How did you go about the conversion process? have you got the original file you started with - there may be someone here willing to have another go (me, for example)

I actually like the picture. I read the first few comment from people who don't, then just decided , to be one with compliments.
I don't hang many pictures on my wall, but I think If that was mine, I would go up.

I actually like the picture. I read the first few comment from people who don't, then just decided , to be one with compliments.
I don't hang many pictures on my wall, but I think If that was mine, I would go up.

:banana: I like it too, if the surfers and boards in the blhc weren't so over sat. It would be a great piccy.

Don't give up just yet, try again buddy!

good luck

JB

That's massively over-saturated. How did you go about the conversion process? have you got the original file you started with - there may be someone here willing to have another go (me, for example)

I just made 2 other files from the original as was instructed a -2 and a +2 I then loaded it into photomatix, clicked this and that etc and took it for granted that was the best I could do. As I stated before, I thought it was a bad attempt at HDR but I do actually like the picture itself.

Here's what I would have done with the pic without any HDR-ing. Its had a levels tweak and an increase in saturation.

towan1small.jpg

Here's the HDR and tonemapped version. If its too bright for your taste, then just muck about with the settings until you get something you like.

IMG_3022-2005_1_2_3_4_tonemappedsmall.jpg

Here's a screen print of the photomatix settings

settings.jpg

The HDR is a bit (well a lot) noisy but I guess that's because the original shot was full of noise too. Although its well known that putting pics through HDR creates even more noise. There are programs that will reduce noise, but I don't have one to hand.

Also, apologies for the Photomatix logos. I've got a registered version that doesn't do logos, but its on a different pc. I had to use the trial version for this exercise.

If you want high res versions of any of these, let me know. I can do a no-logo version of the HDR if you wish.

/edit - I should have said that this was from 1 raw and 5 exposures: -2, -1, 0, +1, +2

MV

Thanks MB I am going to have a fiddle as soon as my eyes wake up properly :)

LL - you may well be right - I agree it needs some more work - I just wanted to see if there was a way of getting something out of the original pic - as I say, some more adjustments to the settings is probably required

MV

Back