Been to Weston-Super-Nightmare today!

Edit My Images
Yes
sorry to spam up the forum but I thought I'd share these with you!

Comments, as always received in good faith!

Amusements.jpg

Beach_Hut.jpg

Burning_Orb.jpg

Cold_Drinks.jpg

Danger.jpg

Empty_Benches.jpg

Pier_decking.jpg

Weston_HDR_sunset.jpg

Weston_Pier.jpg

Personaly, I think the last set are the weaker ones, Apart from maybe the very last one. Wasn't sure about posting these, all that about not letting any sub-standard images into the public domain lest it deminish your reputation. lol.

:nut: :D :coat:

Personaly, I think the last set are the weaker ones

Good god man, have you taken leave of your senses? :shock: :LOL:

I think each and every one of that second set is just fabulous. Brilliant sense of depth and atmosphere.

I'm actually nowhere near as keen on the first lot, although I still ike them. Never ceases to amaze me how we all percieve shots so differently. :icon_cool

Great shots mate :thumb:

The 1st and 3rd from the first post, and the 1st and 4th from the second post are my favourites.

Very well composed, wonderfull lighting!!

Give over - they're all excellent shots. I really like the penultimate one. What's the verdict on the new camera then? :woot:

CT said:
Give over - they're all excellent shots. I really like the penultimate one. What's the verdict on the new camera then? :woot:

I have to wholeheartedly agree with half of that :D

They're all excellent shots indeed, but my personal faves are the first two of the second post.

There's something about perspective and visible vanishing points that I just love :D

The second set of shots are all excellent shots. I really like the row of empty benches in the 1st shot - was it really that quiet? I also keep looking back at the 3rd shot in the 2nd set, it seems to draw me in and gets better the more I look at it.

I like the last shot of the first set but would prefer to see more of the post - the sign makes me want to see the mud!

I really enjoyed looking at those shots gandhi - something interesting in each one. But as I particularly like perspective the empty benches has it for me.

regards

ok. general consensus appears to be that I'm losing the plot lol. Looking back at the them now, they are better than I thought they were! crisis of confidence brought about by tiredness and the fact that some trollop in a chippy tried to poison me with a dodgy bit of cod apparently. but that's another story.

The penultimate one that you like CT, if I've got the right one, is the sunset on full wide-angle? Is the first time I've played with the HDR function in photoshop. Don't think the dynamic range of 4 stops was enough to have much of an impact, and it was handheld ;)

The new camera is fantastic. Lens is brilliantly sharp throughout the zoom range, noise isn't as much of an issue as everybody says. UNLESS you view the images at 100% Noise ninja does an excellent job of cleaning them up though. I think Panasonics attitude had been to make the in-camera processing as minimal as possible and I thank for them for that. Shooting in RAW is a godsend as I saved a few from yesterday. Only issues for me so far are the slow RAW file write speed (3 secs!) and the fact that I can only fit 50 odd of them on a 1Gb card as they are uncompressed, unlike Canon and Nikon.

I'll probably write a full review when I get a chance and have had a the time to evaluate the camera properly!

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. you can look forward (?) to plenty more of shots in the coming weeks!

I love these shots as a Set but think there are a couple that are much stronger than the rest. The 3rd and last in the first set stand out and especially the last shot in the second set, I feel that one is worthy of a large canvas print.

With regard to the “Pier decking” shot. I can’t help but think that this could be improved if you had positioned yourself slightly lower and adjusted the framing of the shot so that the top rail on the left hand side led the eyes into shot instead of the second one. For me there is just a little too much decking, the rail great slightly as it is and I am left wanting to see more of the building and skyline in the distance.

the only one I'm not too keen on is the mud sign, I think it's the slope. Nice set though :thumb:

Good set there mate! It takes time to get used to a new camera but you look like you're making the transision fast!
:)

The lack of light on shot 1 & sinking mud sign leave the picture feeling a bit flat. Wonder if the board walk shot would look better if the end point was about 1/3 way down, although you've probably cropped with good cause to stop distractions (& still a cracking shot) . The other shots are very impressive ....I'd be proud to have shot them :)

excellent set, great ideas and vision showing there!

Back