Bee's on Lavender

You say fine art images, so it's difficult to know if they are exactly as intended.

I love the light and the backgrounds - right up my street, and the concept is insect macro photography as I like it.

If you had not presented them as fine art I would say there are a number of significant issues.

Can you let us know what sort of feedback you're looking for?

Well, I'm afraid I'd not describe any of these as 'fine art' as such. The first two are completely out of focus and poorly composed.

1) Personally, I'd not have bothered with this one. It's the back end of the bee, oof as stated and there appears to have been a petal or similar in the way of the subject.

2) The second is oof too and I'd have preferred to see the dead space in front of the bee (ie to the left on this occasion) instead of behind it.

3) The focus is a lot better in this one but it's still a tad soft. The composition is the best of the three however albeit it does look slightly under exposed.

All that said, I do like the nice bokeh and pastel bg colours.

It's difficult to give technical crit as I can't see the exif so details of your set up, equipment and settings would help greatly.

Back