Beetles doin the WILD THANG .......

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys n gals it's been a while since i last posted here (nothing personnal i assure you .... personnal problems at home etc but i wont bore you with the details) :p

Anyways back to the the photograph :D

I havent been out much in the last few months with the camera apart from the occasional car show but today decided to take the little rugrats out for a run in the feilds and stumbled across this amorous pair of Soldier beetles :naughty:

Bare in mind that i dont have a macro lens and this was taken in the wind hand held with the standard Olympus 17.5 - 45mm lens ........... i have also played in photoshop with it a bit so i'll post first the played around with shot and then below it the original ;) :D

As always C+C welcomed (y)

SOLDIERBEETLES.jpg

P7161807.jpg

It's time i got back into the hobby me thinks ;) (y)

I took some very similar shots last night :LOL: The bloody things were bonking all over our garden, must have been hundreds of them!

Now, I think if you gave this one a slightly different crop it would improve it somewhat. I don't think you did too bad at all though, considering you didn't use a macro lens :)

Thanks jo :D

Amorous little things aren't they? :LOL:
A huge crop would really improve this shot, but I'm impressed that you got so near with a wide lens - you must have been virtually right on them.

Back