Before and After

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Would appreciate it if any of the PP pro's could comment?

This photo of a cat that i let in off the street for a day (as he was looking cold) I thought was lookingok but needed some PP. Shot in RAW btw.

I decided that firstly it needed a crop to remove the foreground chair leg.

Next to reduce the colour saturation of the remaining chair legs as they were dominating the colour balance of the image.

I then adjusted the levels so that really dark parts of the cat were lifted to show more detail and improve definition.

I then sharpened the eyes and increased their saturation to give a focal point to the image.

I added a further unsharp mask to the whole image to improve the detail.

Oh and i removed the bell using the clone tool.

So does my workflow make sense or have i completely lost the plot? I'm learning new techniques every day but not sure half the time if the image i end up with is actually worse than the original! :LOL:

Original Image

IMG_1337.jpg

Processed Image

cat22.jpg

I'm no expert, but your workflow seemed sound. The final image is an improvement imo (y)

Only comment I would make is that sharpening should be the last stage in your workflow. Not sure at what stage you removed the bell .
Apart from that looks OK.

Looks like you've a lodger

Nice PP work there, a fine job.

I m not nit picking (i hope) I m no ware near as apt as you are in photoshop so all your techniques seem really good and well excecuted- the only thing i noticed was that the first image seems warmer wheras the second image seems colder as a personal preference i prefer the slightly warmer colour temperature- but very cool all the same :)

Back