Before morning storm

ntz

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello people,

I have another shot from the weekend, actually storm did not happen and I didn't regret it in the rocks far from the shelter ..

thank you very much for your feedback !!!

cheers, ~dan

ps. please click on the image .. it will redirect you to my flickr and it will allow you to see (and eventually download) the image in fine details

Last edited:
It's a lovely picture.

If giving feedback... I think I'd have included a touch less of the foreground rock and a touch more sky as I think the rock draws my eye too much to the bottom of the picture but I'm nit picking as it is just about perfect.

Well taken ntz :D

• Love
Reactions: ntz
It certainly has bags of atmosphere, well captured.

I'm with Alan on the rock, I think you could lose just a little of it at the bottom but being careful not to overdo it.

@woof woof and @Dale. - composition is neverending story and with every single shot you can (at least I feel it like that) later scratch your head that this or that had to be done better .. however I believe that landscape photography is forgiving genre (probably forgiving the most) - gear-wise certainly and often a composition-wise if you're not going to do some "big compositional fail" and you follow some basic rules .. what matters the most is to be in the right time on the right place, that's in my opinion the most important aspect of it (+ bit of postprocess later) .. in general, on such a place you just point your camera towards the beauty which surrounds you and press the shutter button, bam - done :) .. not a real photography art like portraits or streetphoto or shooting people, etc ... landscape photography allows me to stay out in the great outdoors and to physically join the beauty that happens two steps after my doorstep .. I realized that photography itself is secondary to it .. I just point my camera and shoot .. that's also why I've (for example) downgraded from AAA class FX camera (Nikon D810) to A class DX camera (D7200) because simply it's much lighter kit and it allows me to hike longer and get on remote places more easily ..

Last edited:
"Excellent" atmospheric landscape style capture Dan, liking this one very much.

• Love
I'm with those who say you could crop out part of (most of?) the foreground rock. But I love panoramics....... I also feel you could justifiably clone out the branches on the lhs.

Having seen your Flickr in my opinion no 6751 is a better photograph........ perhaps you've posted that one already.

• Love
Love the mood of the shot and I tend to agree about the foreground rock. I also agree that 6751 is better and I would lose the rock completely for that. It doesn't need foreground imo and is a beautiful image with lots of depth and layers

Last edited:
  • Love
Back