Before we go any further........

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
...do you love me? Will you love me foreeeeveeeerrrrrr.

WOOOOOOO

Just got back from seeing Meat Loaf perform at the MEN Arena.

I promised my mum a while ago that if he ever came to Manchester I would take her, so I did....along with a friend of ours.

What a fantastic night. The first two numbers he did were a bit ropey for some reason, like he was really ill, then he sort of warmed up and by god did he perform. Considering he's being going since, er, ages ago, he still has it.

An absolutely fantastic night, and when he finished with the original "Bat out of Hell", we were all absolutely blown away... it was worth going to see him just for that one performance. A definite 'must see' experience.

That's one of my lifelong 'to do' list crossed off. I might go again when he comes back in November too :D

Meat Loaf...... :LOL: :wacky: :shrug: :bonk:

Nice one Marcel. I had the same vibes the first time I went to the NEC Arena to see Status Quo. Completely blown away by three chords :D :clap: My other life changing experience was doing a track day on my CBR1000 a few years ago. Cloud nine for a month. :nuts:

I turned down a free ticket the other day to go and see him......glad you enjoyed it though (y)

I am going on saturday...Cant wait now, after I saw him on comic relief I was not expecting great things because he appeared to be struggling....but this is great news!!!..the feeling is coming all over me like a TIDAL WAVE.

wooooo

I love Meat Loaf, what tracks did he perform?

Did he do 'I'd do anything for love' with the red hanky? :D

Indeed he did Marik, indeed he did.

paulc, We thought the same too. His first two numbers he struggled, and we all thought "Is he ill or something", then it seemed like someone was at him with a red hot poker, everytime he seemed to flag, zap...and he went straight into action again.

Through the night he just got better and better. I think he just needed to warm up a little.

Unfortunately for me the first two numbers he did were "You took the words right outta my mouth" and "Paradise by the dashboard light" which werent performed that well. I would have preferred his first couple to have been lesser known stuff.

Once he'd warmed up though, we were honestly completely blown away, and his voice IMO shook the rafters.

Oh and his two backup singers/dancers were hot too :D

wooo!

Para by the dahboard light, never took off in my books, sorry :(

Took the words right outta my mouth, rocks however :)

bah, blasphemer...

OOh glad to hear you enjoyed Marcel, hope your mom was as impressed!
Always loved 'Bat Out Of Hell' and would have loved to have seen him in his hay day but Im too much of an old cynic to see him as he is now.
I just need to find myself a niece who is into The Chems ;)

I saw Meatloaf in the 80's on his 20 20 Vision tour (Blind before I stop - album). Good to know he has still got it.
Used to see Quo every December for a few years at Wembley Arena, people usualyy scoff at the Quo, but when you see them live especially on the run up to Xmas, you get to think different.
Sadly I haven't been to any concerts in about 18 years.

I haven't listened to Meat Loaf for ages, it's all on vinyl or cassette. I'm going to go out at lunchtime for a CD or two I think :)

Glad you enjoyed it Marcel, wonder if there's anywhere a bit closer on the tour

Can I sleep on it, baby baby, can I sleep on it.

Can I sleep on it and give you an answer in the morning, The Morning, THE MORNING.... :annoyed:

:LOL: Top song :LOL: ....must have been fab mate. (y)

"So now I'm praying for the end of time
To hurry up and arrive
Cause if I gotta spend another minute with you
I don't think that I can really survive...."

Cracking song (y)

Glad you enjoyed it Marcel - a long time fav of mine is Mr Loaf! Saw him do Bat out of Hell at Party in the Park a few years ago! Superb!

Indeed he did Marik, indeed he did.

paulc, We thought the same too. His first two numbers he struggled, and we all thought "Is he ill or something", then it seemed like someone was at him with a red hot poker, everytime he seemed to flag, zap...and he went straight into action again.

Through the night he just got better and better. I think he just needed to warm up a little.

Unfortunately for me the first two numbers he did were "You took the words right outta my mouth" and "Paradise by the dashboard light" which werent performed that well. I would have preferred his first couple to have been lesser known stuff.

Once he'd warmed up though, we were honestly completely blown away, and his voice IMO shook the rafters.

Oh and his two backup singers/dancers were hot too :D

:woot: :woot: ...I hope he aint worn himself out by saturday!

Thanks now I have paradise stuck in my head it jsut keeps playing over and over but with my voice (not pretty at all).... Glad you had fun.

Glad you enjoyed it Marcel. No 30 min guitar solos then? He never really warmed up when I went to see him a few years back (I took my mum - ok :p), and stayed ropey all evening.

I just need to find myself a niece who is into The Chems ;)

:LOL: Good idea Glo ...I know just what you mean. I've tried with my Danny, but he doesn't like them much... looks like I'll have to settle for the Kaiser Chiefs instead.

....oh well. :D

...repling to this thread has restarted this song in my head again now ...damn. :LOL:

You went to see the President of France?

Francois Mitte-Lerf...

:coat: *sigh*

*treks off to CD collection to find Bat Out of Hell......comes back and plays it LOUD!*

Meat Loaf is a GOD and I won't hear anything to the contrary :bat:

...do you love me? Will you love me foreeeeveeeerrrrrr.

WOOOOOOO

Just got back from seeing Meat Loaf perform at the MEN Arena.

I promised my mum a while ago that if he ever came to Manchester I would take her, so I did....along with a friend of ours.

What a fantastic night. The first two numbers he did were a bit ropey for some reason, like he was really ill, then he sort of warmed up and by god did he perform. Considering he's being going since, er, ages ago, he still has it.

An absolutely fantastic night, and when he finished with the original "Bat out of Hell", we were all absolutely blown away... it was worth going to see him just for that one performance. A definite 'must see' experience.

That's one of my lifelong 'to do' list crossed off. I might go again when he comes back in November too :D

marcel I will love you forever for that post!!!!

I went to see Meatloaf at the MEN a couple of years ago - the cancelled and rescheduled concert - and it was fantastic. The guy can still really belt them out, absolute star performer. :nuts: :woot: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thankyou very much Slovensky. Nice to hear there are still people with some taste (y)

LL Glad you enjoyed it, he really can belt em out when he 'musters it up'. I've can't name another performer with a voice like his.

went to see him about 12 years ago and him was a bit ropey but its still great to have been there to see a legend.
pbh

Marcel, my son (19) and the rest of the band were invited by Meat, to go and hang out with him at the gig you attended. The band Andy is now in were a support act for Meat a few years ago and he liked them so much, he invites them to a gig whenever he can. Andy said he was "yea, good" which is praise indeed from him!

Glad you enjoyed it.

Went to see meatloaf lastnight and the whole concert was awesome, although at times poor old meat looked to be struggling to get around the stage, he was truly superb, and as Marcel mentioned, the young ladies on stage were :bonk: :nuts: ....Meatloaf A legend!!!

Hehe glad you liked it paul, where were you sat? We were halfway up block 211, at the back right corner, so had a good view, but weren't *that* near the stage.

When they had the pyrotechnics, I kept thinking "Any minute now and there's gonna be a fire"...lol

Were the cameras as shaky for you? I was tempted to go down and say "Give it here, I'll do the cameras for you" hehe

Was lucky enough myself to see him many years ago.
I just watched sleep on it on you tube, brilliant :)

"Paradise by the dashboard light" My favourite track on the album.
Nice to hear he can still do the business.

Marcel, we were in block 103, we had great seats and could feel the heat off the flame throwers..here are a couple taken with my nokia n73.

The only downside, was that I told my nephew that I would buy him a program...I didn't count on it being fifteen quid!!..I paid it and cried all the way home...lol
12052007195.jpg

12052007193.jpg

Thats excellent paul. Looks like you had a great seat.

Did you get any more pics? I'd love to see em. Would you mind sending some to mbooth@gmail.com

I only have my 30D, and theres no way I would have gotten away taking that in, so didnt bother taking a camera at all :(

I've got my tickets booked for the start of june :)

The only downside, was that I told my nephew that I would buy him a program...I didn't count on it being fifteen quid!!..I paid it and cried all the way home...lol

£15 .... Jeez what a rip off!!!

Now I remember why I dont go to these stadium gigs ... I only pay that much to see the bands :LOL:

Those pics arent half bad for a camera-phone are they!
Seems ridiculous that they stop you taking cameras in and yet everyone has a camera-phone these days ... just look at all those little lights on in the audience!

£15 .... Jeez what a rip off!!!

It does kinda make your eyes water, however, you get caught up in the atmosphere and you expect to be shafted at these places...we did sneak our own sweets and water in though:LOL: ...but I didn't need to exercise any restraint when it came to the hockey shirts for 72 quid, but I did see at least 4 people with them on:eek: ...But Meat was worth every penny(y)

some more pictures..we were in there early as you can see from some of the pictures
12052007196.jpg

12052007192.jpg

12052007189.jpg

12052007179.jpg

Back