Before you go to Focus ...

Edit My Images
No
I apologise now - I know some people don't get my sense of humour.

But for those of you that do, the latest article is up on the blog, and if you're planning getting yourself off to Focus you might find it an interesting read. It's all about Photographer Tribes - enjoy!

And go on, whether you like it or not, tell me what you think (and I promise I'll get sorted on this wider column as soon as I can!!!)

http://dovecotetraining.blogspot.com/2010/03/photographer-tribes.html

Ohh funny! Although Im not sure a 5D mkII has an auto setting? 5D's don't anyway .. Do they?!

Anyway, I'm still Reading!! :D

Wider column now introduced, so it's hopefully easier to read! :D

Glad you like it :D

:naughty:

Love it (y)

Put a poll up and we can all vote on how many we have seen in each group (y)

I think it was Mike Weeks (but I may be wrong...) who had it very well to a T.... 'sunday is anorak and wear a camera to show that you're a photographer day'

Nope, I don't fit into any of the tribes, no honest I really don't, no really I don't. See my camera bag as proof.:nuts:

Love it (y)

Put a poll up and we can all vote on how many we have seen in each group (y)

This. :LOL: (by the way, I'm posting this from my Apple iNeedit)

Had a good look and can't fit myself into any of those tribes. Do you have a link for the ineedit, spent hours on Apple's site but can't find even a rumour:shrug:

btw, you haven't told us which tribe you belong to!

Ta for the laugh.

Where's that black cat gone? bugger was here a moment ago.....

I'm reformed Gotta-Have-It, and now fall into the Who-Cares Tribe :D

Can't understand why you can't find the iNeedit, Tom already has one of the early release models

excellent Zoe I fit into a couple of those at the mo, but I guess its being newb that does it:LOL::LOL:

Newbs? It's an affliction of many with 10, 15, 20 years in the trade LOL

Yv, I've already found myself thinking of more LOL

The keep-using-it-beyond-its-life-and-who-cares-if-it-breaks-mid-job Tribe

The you-what tribe

The why-did-I-bother tribe

Oh, I could go on LOL

Oh, and Spiritifier would probably like me to put myself in a tribe all to myself

The know-it-all-self-centred-pro Tribe

:naughty::naughty::naughty:

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

:love:

You missed my group too. :)

The "I've left my credit card at home and now I'm chewing my hands off" group.

It's for my own good and stops me falling into so many of your original groups :)

My question to you Zoe, is how you knew I was going to Focus? :thinking::thinking:

there's the letch, following round the barely clad models, maybe makes some vague interest in the gear as a means of 'justifying' his 'art' ;)....
the gear worshipper, packing a mean cameraphone and playing forever with the 800mm on the canon stand...
the swag fiend desperately searching out and begging every free pen, mouse mat, lanyard and bag of sweets that they can...
the faker who posts a photo shot of the model on the hassleblad stall on modelmayhem as entirely their own work...
I could go on ;)

Haha made me chuckle!

you'll need to grow a beard before you go too

I apologise now - I know some people don't get my sense of humour.

But for those of you that do, the latest article is up on the blog, and if you're planning getting yourself off to Focus you might find it an interesting read. It's all about Photographer Tribes - enjoy!

And go on, whether you like it or not, tell me what you think (and I promise I'll get sorted on this wider column as soon as I can!!!)

http://dovecotetraining.blogspot.com/2010/03/photographer-tribes.html

How about the "Here's my business card, If you ever need to up your SE rankings, set a blog up on your website and post the link to it on a photo forum to generate loads of hits from the poor unsuspecting saps there" :D

Brilliantly funny and spot on!....I am a fully paid up member of the "Who cares" tribe, with suppressed iNeedit tendencies......I very much regret I will not get to Focus, due to health problems. I could well be in dock and under the knife early this coming week:(.......For the rest of you enjoy..See you there next year(y)

How about the "Here's my business card, If you ever need to up your SE rankings, set a blog up on your website and post the link to it on a photo forum to generate loads of hits from the poor unsuspecting saps there" :D

:plus1:

although I might have missed out the word "saps"

Some people certainly have an amazing ability to let the talking get them To where they're going. The rest of will just have to rely on action ;)

Anyone know when the iNeeditreally is going to be available in the UK, and will it be on display at focus?

I'm reformed Gotta-Have-It, and now fall into the Who-Cares Tribe :D

Can't understand why you can't find the iNeedit, Tom already has one of the early release models

I think i'm lucky, i'm not quite in the Gotta-Have-It, but not quite in the Who-Cares, maybe i'll start a tribe of my own "Still-Squeals-Like-A-Child-When-Gets-Something-New-To-Play-With" ? :)

Spot on!!!!
Dont forget the "special" tribe that only appear at FOCUS. They turn up at a demo half an hour after the rest of us have been queing, then proceed to stand on the stage in front of us and hog the radio trigger because they think they are special, oh yes, they are special...... :bat:
Dean:)

Glad you all enjoyed it.

Having just got back from Focus, I found it interesting how some people on stands assumed that because I'm a woman I couldn't possibly be a professional :LOL: So maybe next year I'll write about the standholder tribes :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I think it was Mike Weeks (but I may be wrong...) who had it very well to a T.... 'sunday is anorak and wear a camera to show that you're a photographer day'

And Monday too from what I saw.

Back