Begginer HDR

I think that it looks superb, I've been playing with it recently and not had to much sucess doing it properly, how did you do this and what program did you use?

You should get more crits if you put image into post, many will not click through.

url]

Extracted from the Grab the HTML/BB Code section, without spaces gives...

5613026166_47423d5a85_b.jpg

Looks pretty damn good to me. I opened this thread thinking that we would see a cartoonish mess but I love this one other than the fact it needs that person on the right chopping out. I'm pretty new to all this myself but I'm trying to follow the philosophy of using it to make a scene look like one which the eye would see and going no further. I have practiced in my living room on sunny days. A normal shot would either have the view through the window and everything else dark, or detail in the room and a over exposed window. It's a good HDR practice subject.

A lot of people's efforts end up with no shadows or highlights at all and ultimately they stop looking like a photograph. You seem to have kept a nice amount of shadow, brightness and contrast.

Last edited:
I think it looks very good, I had a go at hdr last summer with no success, what software/process did you use? and any recommended tutorials for hdr?

Looks like a good use of HDR . A little perspective correction might help the photo though.

Cheersfor all the comments, Tina how did you manage to get my pic on the thread...please tell me.
I used a piece of software called dynamic pro hdr5, it is quite simple to use.

Back