Beginner Film

Name
Lewis
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone im new to shooting on film but im a few weeks in to a degree in photography and we will be using film for the 1st year

These are a few of my photographs im after some advice/critique to help me out in the future

I plan on posting alot more as Ive just bought 20 rolls of film cheap from my tutor :)

These are all 35mm & the film was from 2005 and not stored in the fridge :eek:

IMAGE_3 by Lewistkn, on Flickr

IMAGE-3 by Lewistkn, on Flickr

IMAGE-2 by Lewistkn, on Flickr

IMAGE-4 by Lewistkn, on Flickr

Hi Lewis and welcome to the world of fillum. I think that this is a nice set and they have come out ok considering the age of the film.
Just as a general thing, don't forget that film and digital are exactly the same when it comes to the basics, make sure you think about your shot, it's composition and the lighting and don't fall into the trap of thinking (like I did for a while) that just because its film its good.
Looking forward to seeing more.(y)

Andy

Which Hasselblad did you shoot these with?

I didn't shoot these with a Hasselblad it was with a cheap camera 15 pounds off ebay they were scanned with a Hasselblad scanner that Im able to use for free

Hi Lewis and welcome to the world of fillum. I think that this is a nice set and they have come out ok considering the age of the film.
Just as a general thing, don't forget that film and digital are exactly the same when it comes to the basics, make sure you think about your shot, it's composition and the lighting and don't fall into the trap of thinking (like I did for a while) that just because its film its good.
Looking forward to seeing more.(y)

Andy

And yes I totally agree with what you say I will take that into account

I was just playing about with these photos just take a few snap shots as I didnt know how the film would turn out

Thanks for your advice :)

Haha I just put random stuff in there to try and get more views doesn't always work though lol

Number 3 is pretty nice, looks very NYC fashion style!

Back