Beginners Camera, advice needed

Edit My Images
No
Hello,
I am new to photography and would like to start getting more involved in this for leisure.
I would like some suggestion on what would be the best starter camera to invest in, something under £400.

i am aware there is not one best camera, but just looking for suggestion/ideas so i can start researching.

i will be looking for a good all rounder, to start off with, to take pictures, do videos for YouTube / filming.

someone did suggest the Nikon D3200 - but was concern if this was too old, for today media usage?
and the Canon 4000D.

Hi and welcome :D

They say that the future is mirrorless so maybe you could take a look at the various mirrorless options? There are Micro Four Thirds, APS-C and 35mm equivalent systems to choose from.

In your place I'd take a look at Panasonic MFT (Micro Four Thirds) and the APS-C Sony Axxx series.

£400 should be enough to get you started with a camera and a lens and if you're willing to look at used kit you could maybe get something a bit better.

What i would do is go and try some cameras out and see what suits you. Does it feel right do you like the menu system. Mirrorless are gaining ground but the DSLR has a lot of life left in it yet. Good luck

Could always start with a bridge like the Nikon Coolpix P900

thanks, will look into all these cameras to see how they will meet my needs.

Mirrorless is something to think about. although i will admit i do not know much about camera anatomy..:eek:)

My one and only DSLR is the Nikon D5500. I was thinking of getting the Nikon D3300 but after I found out a friend purchased it, I just had to get something else !

People often feel the need to get something "big" and while those types of cameras offer more capabilities, it's the person behind the lens who is usually the biggest hindrance to a good photo. Take the Nikon D5. I've saved up throughout my life and that camera always hit me to be a professional top tier camera. While it is, I had no business buying it, especially since I've had no interest taking up photography professionally and I've found personally, I tend to dip in and out of hobbies so it would invariably gathering dust on my shelf as my D5500 on occasion does.

It would have been the equivalent of me bypassing a nifty Fiat as a first car and choosing a Ferrari. I'd be driving it the equivalent of 20mph and on certain occasions as I'd be too cautious, whereas the Fiat would offer me a better value, better learning on driving (Or in this particular context, photography), probably more fun and probably more mileage and cheaper to upgrade.

Back