Behind Big Ben

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Constructive criticism would be great :)

418422_10151358577750245_523275244_23498549_1710738623_n.jpg

Lovely image.

I just the place and its photographic qualities

I like the glow of the lights on the wet pavement, and it looks to have had some kind of HDR processing? Looks good.

The converging verticals kill it for me though, big ben looks like the leaning tower of pisa!

The converging verticals kill it for me though, big ben looks like the leaning tower of pisa!

could have been a brill shot but got to agree with Ash, what software do you use, free transform tool in ps would have sorted it

open in Photoshop and use the Transform / Perspective tool and you'll have a great image

open image- duplicate layer- edit- transform - perspective

heres a 10 sec edit before I go off to work

untitled-1.jpg

Les (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Ben looks OOF, but the rest isn't as much imo. It's a nice shot though.

Not much you can do about the converging verticals now without making it look even more distorted, best you can do in future (apart from using a tilt-shift lens) is keep the camera level and not pointed up, and move back more to get it all in if you can. Either that or a multi-shot panorama. An ultra-wide is always going to exaggerate the perspective, even more so when pointed upwards slightly.

It does seem a bit soft and out of focus, maybe down to the processing though. I'd have also taken a couple more lower exposures to get a good clock face to paste in place of the blown out one.

It does look a bit soft through out, and the edit is nice.

For me, though, I'm really drawn to the fantastic trees lower left...

Cheers.

The trick with reducing the converging verticals is to correct only part way if they are having an adverse impact.
The example above with the tower pulled vertical looks very strange and is a good example of going too far.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I already did a bit of lens correction on this but didn't want to do much more because it was making Big Ben less and less sharp the more I corrected it.

In hindsight I should have tried to keep the camera slightly more level, moving back wasn't an option as I was shooting through a railing.

I'll have another play with it tonight and see if I can fix the converging verticals a bit more.

Thanks everyone :)

Okay I had a play with this earlier today and tried to correct the verticals without destroying the quality of the image.

What do you think?
BenMDark_Light_Med_tonemappedcorrrectedslightyl.jpg

Back