Belfast Giro

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm going to be in Belfast for the Giro in a couple of weekends time, does anybody know of any interesting locations to get some shots? Such as good backdrops etc. I don't know the area particularly well

Cheers

Tom

It depends on which stage you want to follow. The first day is a time trial through Belfast. It's mainly city streets taking in most of the major/ iconic landmarks Belfast has to offer including the City Hall, Titanic Quarter and Stormont (big house on hill full political history) to name a few.

Day 2 is from Belfast to the North Coast of Ireland and back. The outward leg is inland and will provide some scenic locations (but i can't think of any). The inward journey is along the A2 Antrim Coast Road. This stretch of road is one of the most scenic driving routes you could find. Between Larne and Ballycastle there are numerous little townlands and coastal inlets all bounded by the Glens of Antrim. Anywhere along this stretch would provide great viewing with no obstructions and beautiful backgrounds. One of the more recognisable locations is the Black Arch.

I will hopefully get to the Time trial practice (as i work in Belfast) between 9:30 and 12:30pm.

You should google "Giro Belfast", check the route maps and then have a look at the Google street view (try the locations i mentioned above).

Best of luck.

Back