Bella Italia

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Noticed this a couple of nights ago, then the "Bella Italia" sign was reflected in the water also...but not when I had the camera a couple of days later. Taken in Durham city across the river at night and handheld.
Sigma 28-70 @57mm.
F8 1/4sec.
Iso 1600.

italyincoloura7pm.jpg

or the original.
italyincolour5do.jpg

A couple of really striking images there Ken - personally I prefer the top one ... it is clean and powerful ! Also like the range of colours occuring in hte various windows ... excellent stuff - thanx for sharing !

Ps - MG2119a doesn't look that 'wild' !?!

Thanks Ven. It was the colours I took this for, didn't know how it would turn out but thought it was worth a shot. I'm quite pleased with it but obviously not everyone's taste.
Thanks again.
Ken.

Just seen this Ken, and yes, the top one is much better - a lot tidier and less cluttered...

It's begging for a crop so the wording is 'right-justified' into the BR corner. Then get your salesman's hat on and flog it to the Iti Tourist Board and all the Italian Restaurants where you live :thumb:

Hmmm, does really matter what you intended to achieve. The top one is more advertisement based, but I do prefer the lower shot as it's more pictorial and has it's own context. ;)

Baz

Both are nice and each serves it's own purpose but I agree with Baz in that the bottom one has the graphic impact along with the contextual content to make it a better balanced image.

Nice job to have seen it - it's very enjoyable to look in each window.

Tuna

Catdaddy said:
It's begging for a crop so the wording is 'right-justified' into the BR corner. Then get your salesman's hat on and flog it to the Iti Tourist Board and all the Italian Restaurants where you live :thumb:

Yep, I agree. Definitely like the top one more...

How did I miss this?

Brilliant shot, (edited version) I'd lose the shadow and title though. One lot of text in an image is more than enough. (Found this out the hard way)

Could do with a bit of a sharpen from where I am too!

Having said all that though, you have an eye for shot's that I would kill for!

Back