Bellows macro

Name
Derek
Edit My Images
Yes
I bought an old bellows and am giving it a go on my K1 with sigma 105mm macro, A few pollen beetles and others, all handheld in the garden, diffused ringflash was used despite exif saying otherwise. Its taking a bit of getting used to, and focusing is difficult through the vf as it gets dark at long extension and my diffuser blocking light.

_IMG3561ed2sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

_IMG3330ed2sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

_IMG3309ed2sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

_IMG3306ed2sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

_IMG3237edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

_IMG3054edsmins by dr.shutter, on Flickr

_IMG2919ed1sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

Nice set the spider is great.

Maybe an old bellows but your getting it to work like it should and getting some really great results from it.
Little tip, If your subject is a little dark, light it up with a LED torch if you have one, it wont make too much impact on lighting but at least you will be able to see thru the VF.
My fav is the 1st one.
Keep it up, I like these type of shots.

Maybe an old bellows but your getting it to work like it should and getting some really great results from it.
Little tip, If your subject is a little dark, light it up with a LED torch if you have one, it wont make too much impact on lighting but at least you will be able to see thru the VF.
My fav is the 1st one.
Keep it up, I like these type of shots.
Cheers Graham I'm just trying to work out how to hold the torch while handholding the camera and bellows
I'm thinking about modifying my diffuser so it incorporates a constant light. It's only a homemade thing anyway.
Any and all help and advice is appreciated

Elastic bands always helps hold a torch somehow.
Hope that helps.

Excellent set. Your really getting the hang of this bellows.

Maybe start a new thread instead of adding a little each time to this one, more people will look at a new thread.

Back