B&W Belly at the Shepherd's Bush Empire

Name
Rob Telford
Edit My Images
No
Queued early, managed to get my Sony A7II and a small selection of Canon FD manual focus primes past security (they agreed they weren't 'big lenses', phew!) and bagged a spot at the front when I went to see Belly at the Shepherd's Bush Empire last week.

Great gig and bassist Gail Greenwood was on top form.

Belly by Rob Telford, on Flickr

Tanya Donelly by Rob Telford, on Flickr

Gail Greenwood by Rob Telford, on Flickr

Fab stuff. Had a bit of a thing for Tanya Donnelly in my early twenties. More Muses than Belly though.

I'm always too scared to take my X-T2 + small prime on the off chance it gets a no-no from security. I'm guessing it depends on who's on the door.... Do they refuse entry or can you hand it over & get a ticket if they say no?

P.S. Needs More Tanya :)

Ha! Likewise on Tanya :)

One of the best gigs of my life was right at the front to see the Muses at the Mean Fiddler in 1989 - even up on stage she was practically at my eye level. Dragonhead in particular was just dreamy.

Bizarrely, I bumped into Kristin Hersh outside the doors of my office in Islington last Thursday as she was visiting the publishers of her new book and had a brief chat with her.

There was a spot still free by Gail when I got in the doors and I’m a bass player myself, so I was happy to park myself there, so that’s why it’s a bit Gail-heavy.

I dunno what they do if they won’t let you take a camera in; I’ve always got away with it. If I’d had 5D with a 70-200 it might have been a different story. Security discussed it for a few moments, but the FD 50/1.4 is pretty small, so they let me in.

One of the best gigs of my life was right at the front to see the Muses at the Mean Fiddler in 1989 - even up on stage she was practically at my eye level.

Never got to see them sadly - so am now mildly jealous. With them being US based it was tricky catching them when they came to the UK, and once Sounds stopped, I stopped being informed about who was playing when. My brother was the Pixies fan - me the Muses. We both liked the Breeders. Kim Deal was the best bit of the Pixies anyway - and I also used to play electric bass back in the olden days..

AAAnyway, the photos are really nice. The last is fab. Just need more Tanya :)

Back