Beltinge and the bee's nest

Edit My Images
Yes
Most of this had alot of bee's going into it , as i got nearer all i could hear was bzzzzzz and bee's going in and out!

SandCliff-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

the rest

7-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

Nowt wrong with any of those - can't see any bees though.........

Thats because i wasn't going to get that close to get a close up shot of the bee's... The half side of that sand cliff was covered in them , you could hear the buzzing from below :LOL:. See number 4 with the little holes on the left hand side , thats the bee's nest

All much of a muchness really. The lighting is rather harsh which leaves out a lot of textures that these types of image require to jump out at a viewer. Not much more I can say really :shrug:

Rather Harsh? , its natural sunlight... Correctly exposed and the histogram is perfect. Are we looking at the same image :cautious:

Hmmm - love to have seen a cloud of bees :D

I've been scrolling up and down these wondering what it is that doesn't make me go 'wow' - and although they look technicaly okay there's nothing for me to focus on really. The cloud and hillock on #2 is my fav from the set compositionally.

And where is Beltinge btw?

Opinions are given on images as displayed. You are free to ignore of course. :D

The histograms are one part of the story but the images ARE the story. :

Rather Harsh? , its natural sunlight... Correctly exposed and the histogram is perfect. Are we looking at the same image :cautious:

"the histogram is perfect"....what's your definition of perfect?...centered, to the left or to the right? (there's no EXIF to judge by).

I would agree with HUN...there's something a little shallow about the colour shots.

Bob

Well ive been looking at these photographers and i actually like them, i wouldnt mind seeing them on my wall, Now to me the colour looks fine could it be down to your computers just wondering or the fact your not looking at beauty as it should be without messing about with the colours?

Neil,

I'm still wondering about your views on the histogram...it wasn't supposed to be a critical statement but rather a genuine question. I find that my 5D results in different needs to my 30D's when it comes to judging what's required....probably more a case of the 5D's different dynamic range....hence asking for your view on what's "perfect".

Bob

Perfect as in the histogram isn't picking up highly bright or too dark areas . I just remember one guy saying to one of my shots awhile ago that my monitor needed calibrating and that my histogram tells all.I calibrated my monitor and i go by the histogram in day shots :)

To me number one i really like alot , got good feedback on other forums and had comments that i should put it up on canvas. I also checked the photo's on numorus other monitors even a mac lol and the lighting is fine.

Neil,

Thanks for the explanation. There is a good article here http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/expose-right.shtml that explains why correct use of the histogram to get good depth in the shots is important. When shooting a scene like this (and I don't shoot this type of thing, so I'm not an expert by a long way) you can increase the detail by pushing the exposures to the right.....it makes far better use of the sensor's ability to gather the detail rather than compromising some areas without the benefit of getting it back somewhere else.
Technically, what is written makes sense but it's not always possible to use the information when a shot is grabbed....a composed landscape like yours has the added bonus that you can offset the EV and take another.

I hope that explains my questioning you about the term "perfect".

Bob

Sorry got wonky eyes cause these look fine to me. Particularly like the compositions of the last four shots. The colour shots have a natural fresh look about them that I really like. The B&W shots have really good tones and depth to them. Would hang either of these on my wall (y)

Sorry got wonky eyes cause these look fine to me. Particularly like the compositions of the last four shots. The colour shots have a natural fresh look about them that I really like. The B&W shots have really good tones and depth to them. Would hang either of these on my wall (y)

Wow Thanks DuckyDoodle!! , makes me feel better alteast its a divided opinion on them and not just one way (y)

Back