Belvide today - sunshine LTTs and Redpolls

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
So nice to be able to get out today in the sunshine. The long tailed tits were adorable and the redpolls rather distant but very pretty.

1 LTT posing for me

NFX_7740.jpg

2 LTTs courting

NFX_7754-1.jpg

3 A beautifully coloured redpoll very high up in a birch tree (very noisy because it's a massive crop).

NFX_7836-2.jpg

Last edited:
Belvide and sunshine ... not seen that combination for a while :D

Sad I know but I was trying to recognise the tree :D

Glad you managed to get a Redpoll, not seen one this year, lovely shots Ken (y)

Number 1 is a beautiful shot, and considering the crop I still like the Redpoll shot.

Three good images, number 2 has the ahhh factor, the LTT's are so applealing, the reedpoll is good to see as well especially with a big crop, nice work Ken (y)

Memo to self: Must make the effort to get up there again and soon :rules:

Belvide and sunshine ... not seen that combination for a while :D

Sad I know but I was trying to recognise the tree :D

Glad you managed to get a Redpoll, not seen one this year, lovely shots Ken (y)

Thanks Martyn, I couldn't find your brambling. The LTTs were in the bush just to the right of the Gazebo hide and the redpoll was in the group of birch trees on the inside of the sharp bend in the path beyond the Gazebo hide, by the inlet of water. There were 4 there while I was watching but someone told me that earlier there had been many more along with siskins. I knew I could not get any great quality with the redpolls as they were right at the top of the trees which must be about 30m up and I only had with me the D700 with the 500mm - no converters.

Last edited:

Thanks Ken

Number 1 is a beautiful shot, and considering the crop I still like the Redpoll shot.

Thanks Mark. I had not managed to get a picture of a redpoll before so I had to give it a go.

Three good images, number 2 has the ahhh factor, the LTT's are so applealing, the reedpoll is good to see as well especially with a big crop, nice work Ken (y)

Memo to self: Must make the effort to get up there again and soon :rules:

Thanks Trev. I could watch LTTs all day.

Thanks Martyn, I couldn't find your bramling. The LTTs were in the bush just to the right of the Gazebo hide and the redpoll was in the group of birch trees on the inside of the sharp bend in the path beyond the Gazebo hide, by the inlet of water. There were 4 there while I was watching but someone told me that earlier there had been many more along with siskins. I knew I could not get any great quality with the redpolls as they were right at the top of the trees which must be about 30m up and I only had with me the D700 with the 500mm - no converters.

That is known as Gazebo bay, where the conifers are the other side of the ditch.

Often see Tree Creepers around there, and have clocked a pair of Jays a few times in that area, but not in a position I could photograph.

The Redpoll love those seeds, and are often seen around there, but as you found right near the top. Other place to check for them is by the 2nd footbridge just past the first hide, there is a birch tree opposite the bridge.

The Brambling was in the tree to the right of the Gazebo hide, coming into the peanut feeder hanging in the elderberry bush.

Lovely LTT captures Ken, #2 for me. Pity about the crop on the Redpoll but it is better than no Redpoll (y)

Lovely LTT captures Ken, #2 for me. Pity about the crop on the Redpoll but it is better than no Redpoll (y)

Thanks Rich. I shall have to seek out a spot where I can get a bit (no - a lot) nearer to a redpoll.

Back