North England Bempton Cliffs advice please.

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Having had to cancel our holiday to Northumberland due to wife's illness last month, I am having a few days up that way next week, I'm including a visit to RSPB Bempton in the hope of being able to capture some images of gannets and other seabirds. I've never been there before but I understand there is a car park on the site with walks to various points along the cliffs.
My question is, where would I go from the car park to get the best option to get some gannet shots, or is it literally anywhere?
Thanks for any advice :)

On my previous visits there has always been a friendly welcome from an RSPB representative in the visitor centre, they will let you know what there is to see. On the cliff tops there are often RSPB volunteers with scopes set up, encouraging people to take a look and offering interesting information - it's a great place for a day out.

Chris

Having had to cancel our holiday to Northumberland due to wife's illness last month, I am having a few days up that way next week, I'm including a visit to RSPB Bempton in the hope of being able to capture some images of gannets and other seabirds. I've never been there before but I understand there is a car park on the site with walks to various points along the cliffs.
My question is, where would I go from the car park to get the best option to get some gannet shots, or is it literally anywhere?
Thanks for any advice :)

Just don't step off the edge would be my best advice Roger :D:D:D

Thanks all, just didn't want to carry the 400mm and tripod in the wrong direction!

lol Les, I'll do my best :D

Go to fenwick bay turn right towards flambera light house along the cliff top away from the crowd that's what I find the best!

I can see a Selwicks Bay on Google Maps, near Flamborough Head and the golf course ... is that the area you mean?

Yes that's the area Roger , I am originally from Bridlington and know the area quite well- Fenwick bay and follow the cliffs towards the Lighthouse can't go wrong fella

Les ;)

Back