Bempton Cliffs

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone! Im off to the RSPB nature reserve at bempton cliffs tomorrow, just wondering what sort of kit im looking at needing! The biggest lens i have is 300mm, and im worried its not gonna be enough, what do you think?

Thanks, Dean

hi dean
i went a couple of weeks ago and used my 100-400 canon i managed ok so you should be ok if the winds right the birds will hover just in front of you no problem i enjoyed it youl soon get into the hang of things go and enjoy it its a great place
all the best
mick

u will be fine with 300. i was there couple of weeks back and shot a lot at 500mm on my sigma 170-500mm but it was a bit soft (as ever) and used my 70-200mm to good effect.

in places where the gannets are getting grass from the edge they are defs close enough to get some nice ones at 300

not sure if any of these are 200 without finding exif data but you can get a feel for the area
http://gavinforsterphotography.co.uk/bemptoncliffs

I plan to make a trip next week to these cliffs and was wondering about what time of the day is ideal. I guess the sun rises in front of you so mornings could be tricky but maybe mornings are when the birds are most active? any thoughts?

nice shots Gav but no puffins?

Thanks for the advice everyone! And some nice shots there Gav.

I havnt had any time to look over the shots i got yet, but i might have got some good ones. Unfortunatley i was on a trip with uni, so i didnt have that long there! Deffinetly going to have to take another trip down to bempton some time!

Hi, I know it is a bit of an older thread now, but only just joined :)

Not sure how you got on, but I went there last year and took a 300mm lens. Got a couple of shots of some different things, including the Puffins. Apparently, they aren't there for long - a 3-4 week period I was told.

Here are a couple of pics I got -

4786266462_b094dded4b_z.jpg

4785635259_eeb29143c9_z.jpg

Back