Ben Folds Exhibition in Manchester

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks! If anyone is interested the above exhibition at the Richard Goodall gallery is well worth a visit. Photos from Ben Folds Five reunion tour taken by the man himself.

Was lucky enough to go to the preview night last night and meet Ben. Been a big fan of his music for nearly 20 years and the first thing I asked him was were these shot on Tri-X :) They were!

He also drew a picture of a piano on my X-300!

But yeah, if in Manchester you should go, the prints are gorgeous!

From some of his album and song names it is pretty clear he is a bit of a film nut! Everyone love a bit of Ben Folds.

:thinking:

who the hell is Ben Folds...lol

*Googles*

blimey, obscure doesn't really cover it, but anybody that likes taking film pictures, is all right by me..:)

Well the 3000 people at the Apollo tonight knew him very well :) He's certainly got a good eye too, some crackers in the exhibition too.

Agreed, his gigs are always sold out at decent sized venues. He has quite an "Underground" following...

Hi nick.

How long is the exhibition on for?

that gallery is pretty cental, near the arndale? if it's the one I'm thinking of.

Hi Ash.

Sorry for the lateness of my reply. The exhibition is on until January (y)

Ben Folds was interviewed on Front Row, Radio 4, yesterday evening, talking about his love of old film cameras and getting the group back together again, can no doubt be found as a listen again on the R4 website. Always thought he was a very gifted singer-songwriter.

Last edited:
Back