Critique Bench Time

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
It's amazing the variety of bugs that are out there. I sat on my bench in my back garden and found 3 completely different species almost immediately. The mite was heading towards the springtail and one point, but then the springtail took off at quite a pace to avoid a confrontation. They were all quite active so only managed to fire off some single shots:

Bench Time - Barkfly
by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Bench Time - Entomobrya nicoleti(?)

Bench Time - Snout Mite

If you like the barkfly, be sure to head over to Bryn's first bug post and check out the amazing nymph he found.

Great shots, How on earth do toy get to take them before they get away.
Spent about 15 mins trying to get a picture of a ladybird with a newly purchased Raynox 250 only to find it had gone away ??

Tim Tim Tim! You are making me want to convert to canon again haha! Awesome pics and find mate.

Not sure I could ever have the patience & energy needed to get too far into this type of shot :confused:

So guess I may just keep looking at the awesome work of you guys and in this case you Tim - wonderful work - but not sure if I'd want to venture into your garden for fear of getting attacked by these monsters :)

Great set Tim you sure have a keen eye to spot all these bad boys. MPE is definitely on my road map thanks to you! :p Not sure the wife will be too pleased especially if I ask to put some up on the wall.

Excellent Tim especially the bark fly
Amazing what you got just by sitting on your bench:)

Off subject here Tim but how did you link to my post. Just tried to link to one of Matt's posts but failed miserably.

Cheers in advance.

Great shots, How on earth do toy get to take them before they get away.
Spent about 15 mins trying to get a picture of a ladybird with a newly purchased Raynox 250 only to find it had gone away ??
Thanks Barry. To be honest two of the most important things you need as a macro photographer are perseverance and a large capacity SD card.

Thanks all. Gonna check out what's living on my garden table and chairs next ;)

Off subject here Tim but how did you link to my post. Just tried to link to one of Matt's posts but failed miserably.

Cheers in advance.
Hi Bryn, open the post you want to link to in a new tab and copy the URL from the browser window. Then in your post just highlight the text you want to form the link, then click on the "link" icon in the editor options at the top of the post (it's the one that looks like 2 chains linked together - you can hover over them to see a description). Paste in the URL you copied in the window that appears and voila!

Let me know if you still have probs and I'll post some screenshots if that helps.

Back