Benro C-2692T+B1 Travel Angel 2 Carbon Fibre Tripod

riu

Name
steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Advice required. Later this year I am going to Canada for several weeks. The main aim of the trip is bears and eagles, and some landscape stuff. As weight and space will be a premium I am in the market for a strong but light tripod that folds down small enough to go in my backpack. I will want it to support 5d3 with 300mm 2.8. Has anyone used the Benro Travel Angel, or are there better ones on the market in the same price range.

regards
Steve

Hi Steve

I have the previous version of this tripod, C2691TB1. It'll hold what you want to support, no problem. Its light, and sturdy.

Phil

Hi Phil, thanks. Looking at the spec it will hold 12kg, which will be more than adequate for my needs.
Steve.

It will hold the weight, but it won't be particularly stable. At 300mm that may not be a big deal, and it's not a big deal with fast moving stuff (eagles in flight). But if you are going to be pushing longer exposures expect to also use some other techniques in order to get maximum results.

I have an older Benro C2980-T (same specs/ tilting center column) That I often use for travel and macro. It's a very decent tripod, especially given the price. In ~7 yrs I've only had to service/repair one leg tube sleeve. I wouldn't put it at the same level as my Gitzos or my RRS.... but with those tripods you pay a big premium for small differences IMO.

Cheers SK, I have a gitzo as my main wildlife pod, however due to the size and weight I won't be able to take it with me [emoji22], hence the reason for something lighter. A lot of the tripod work will be waterfalls and landscapes with a short zoom- 24-70. The 300mm will sit on it but only when light is not so good.
Regards
Steve

i agree that the benro will be sufficient to hold the weight, just make sure the friction on the ballhead is enough- I didn't think the benro head was that great tbh, that's probably the weak link, the legs are fine

Back