Benro tortoise, anyone tried them?

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone tried the above? I like the look of the columnless version but not sure which variant to buy, want to keep it as light as possible as I'll be using it for hiking and possible travel too. Any feedback on them generally would be greatly appreciated

I use one from time to time, I can't fault the tripod (35C with the GX35 head), the head isn't great if you want the portrait slot on the side, as the head is low profile, the knobs and camera can clash. L bracket would stop that happening though.

I use one from time to time, I can't fault the tripod (35C with the GX35 head), the head isn't great if you want the portrait slot on the side, as the head is low profile, the knobs and camera can clash. L bracket would stop that happening though.
Thank you, what's the main type of tripod that you use and what type of photography do you do?

I use the 35c, because it is tall enough to stand straight. Love the tripod, but feels not superlight. If the height is no issue go for the 24c, looks stable enough.

I also have the 35C and I’ve enjoyed using it so far. Nice and sturdy, light, but not too light. It also comes with spikes which is a nice addition. You can also get an optional extension piece as there is no centre column. I got one, didn’t need it for a long time, so started leaving it at home, until I did actually need it one morning, and didn’t have it :)

Back