Berlin Jewish Museum

Name
Joel
Edit My Images
Yes
I took this one last December at the Jewish Museum in Berlin. It is a memorial to all Jewish victims of violence and war. Any comments welcome.

Jewish Museum by billbring, on Flickr

Last edited:
im no expert but i feel if you cloned out the two people it would look alot better

I think they give the place a sense of scale and seem perfectly unobtrusive to me :)

I think they give the place a sense of scale and seem perfectly unobtrusive to me :)

Yeahh, they kinda do add a sense of scale which is needed. They also seem to add a bit of atmosphere to the shot :)

I do prefer having people in it. I could have easily waited until no one was there but wanted to get a across the point that this is a place to be visited.

ohhh I like the shot and the people, but are they walking on those faces? that seems so wrong to me - and the faces make me want to cry - what a powerful shot :(

Summer, yes they are walking on the faces, it was positively encouraged to do so. I can't be totally sure what was intended but to me it was symbolic of Jewish people being walked over throughout history and by walking across this exhibit, it makes you think about the consequence of such actions.

Each 'face' was an individual iron disk, so they move as you walk and the clanking noise they make echoes throughout the room, it is quite a powerful experience.

ohhh I like the shot and the people, but are they walking on those faces? that seems so wrong to me - and the faces make me want to cry - what a powerful shot :(

That was my thinking until reading the explanation ...

Summer, yes they are walking on the faces, it was positively encouraged to do so. I can't be totally sure what was intended but to me it was symbolic of Jewish people being walked over throughout history and by walking across this exhibit, it makes you think about the consequence of such actions.

Each 'face' was an individual iron disk, so they move as you walk and the clanking noise they make echoes throughout the room, it is quite a powerful experience.

yes, I thought that might be it, still a very moving photo and a humbling experience

Back