Berlin

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been meaning to post a few from my Summer Trip to Berlin, so much history in this city and the sheer range of different architecture and buildings to shoot is just incredible.
Second time there and I know I'll be back again.

1. Olympiastadion, Berlin (in the lovely summer weather that day...)

Olympiastadion - Berlin by Chris Mitchell, on Flickr

2. Reichstag Building

Reichstag - Berlin by Chris Mitchell, on Flickr

3. Soviet War Memorial, Treptower Park

Soviet War Memorial - Treptower Park - Berlin B&W by Chris Mitchell, on Flickr

4. Berlin Cathedral & the TV Tower

Berliner Dom & Fernsehturm Fog by Chris Mitchell, on Flickr

5. Brandenburg Gate

Brandenburg Tor - Berlin by Chris Mitchell, on Flickr

Excellent set, No4 is very nice (y)

I like all except the last, where the light trails distract instead of enhancing, and there's too much wet road with not enough interest. The Reichstag is the opposite and does the same type of scene very much better.

last time I was in Berlin you couldn't get any where near the Brandenburg Gate must go back one day

like all the photos

no 3 for me

Thanks! It was the one shot I really set out to get in Berlin, amazing looking structure.

OOh, I like all of them. First one is probably my pick, but the Cathedral pushes it close

Thanks, I was lucky the Cathedral was about 5 mins away from the hotel we were in! Lots of shots from here.

Excellent set, No4 is very nice (y)

I like all except the last, where the light trails distract instead of enhancing, and there's too much wet road with not enough interest. The Reichstag is the opposite and does the same type of scene very much better.

I think I agree with you on the Brandenburg Gate if I'm honest!

last time I was in Berlin you couldn't get any where near the Brandenburg Gate must go back one day

like all the photos

Thanks! Yeah its a hive of activity at night now.

They are all very nice - well done

Thankful, appreciated!

Very nice set, although the architecture isn't all the same, there is a consistent theme with them all being very imposing structures.

Yeah its one thing Berlin isn't short of; imposing architecture, guess we have to thank the Nazi's and Soviets for something....

Three is the best take. Better light really helps.

For no5 I would just zoom all the way in to the gate. You wouldn't be losing anything interesting around.

Great set. I love Berlin, easily one of my three favourite cities. So much history to see. The Olympic Stadium and the Cathedral are my favourites of the set.

Thanks! Your right its a great city, loads and loads to see!

Three is the best take. Better light really helps.

For no5 I would just zoom all the way in to the gate. You wouldn't be losing anything interesting around.

I've had a go with a crop of the Brandenburg Gate

Brandenburg Tor - Berlin by Chris Mitchell, on Flickr

loving the fluttery flags, like they're on fire!

Thanks!

I'm really liking these, Chris.

I'll have a think about visiting there next year :)
Spain, Poland, Italy and France this year, and a few stopovers in the UK. I need some time to work, too.

I'm really liking these, Chris.

I'll have a think about visiting there next year :)
Spain, Poland, Italy and France this year, and a few stopovers in the UK. I need some time to work, too.

It's a great city, so much to see and do and also feels like one of the safest cities I've wandered around at night!

Excellent Chris, particularly the first two imo.

Thanks Ian, appreciated!

Very nice set the first is my favourite slosely followed by the second

I havent been for a while

Back