Bessa 6x9 questions

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Bessa 6x9 questions
Quick question, I have just got an old Bessa 6x9 (1936 I think).

The camera needs a bit of work, when I mean a bit of work I mean stripping down and rebuilding! Bellows seem ok which is good.

I can prob figure out how to strip it down but if anyone has any advice it would be apreciated!

Hopfully all will go well and I will get it up and running and can post some shots.

Has anyone had any experience with uncoated lenses and what I can expect?

My nettar has got my intrest in folders going!

It makes me wonder what some of these old cameras have seen... especially seeings this is a 1936 German camera...

My one bit of advice would be to use another camera to take photos everytime you take a piece off and have lots of pots to keep the relevant screw with those items. I didn't do this and now have a Sigma 28-105 in bits on my desk with no idea in what order it's supposed to go back together.

Managed to strip a Trip 35 lens and rebuild it... although i forgot to mark the lens position so the lens won't focus, but it was a learning curve. Stupid sticking blades!

It's the shutter thats sticking on this one, so a good clean is in order i think.

See if the Bessa has a name on the lens/shutter assembly somewhere then do a Google Search. I had a really slow speeds on a Netter and did a search on Prontor, found a couple of sites showing how to strip, rebuild, and reset the focusing.

I don't have the links on this machine unfortunately

Sometimes all a sticky shutter needs is use, fire the shutter off a few dozen times and see if it frees up. Failing that something that worked well to lubricate old wind up watches was to sit them over a small dish of parafin overnight, the vapour did the trick.

Back