Best 135mm for Sony Full Frame

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Hi Guys,

I’m in a quandary..... I’m after a 135mm Lens. I can’t make my mind up between the following 3 lenses. Sony 135mm f1.8 GM, Sigma 135mm f1.8 or Batis 135mm f2.8.

To all those that have one, can you give me your reasons for choosing it + which body you use it with..

I don't have any of them but I do lust after the Sony 135mm f1.8
Everytime I see a portrait that stops me in my tracks so to speak and I check which lens was used, it's usually always the Sony 135mm f1.8

Sony 135GM is the best 135mm lens on any brand. If you can afford one by an means get one. You won't regret it.

Hi Guys,

I’m in a quandary..... I’m after a 135mm Lens. I can’t make my mind up between the following 3 lenses. Sony 135mm f1.8 GM, Sigma 135mm f1.8 or Batis 135mm f2.8.

To all those that have one, can you give me your reasons for choosing it + which body you use it with..
Sorry that I can’t comment on the three lenses mentioned but looking at the list of lenses in your signature line, I’m assuming that an adapted, fully manual 135mm lens would be of little/no interest? asking as a user of 135mm legacy lenses on a Sony A7iii.

Last edited:
I bought the sigma 135 1.8 (canon) its a beast but the images blow me away every time and to my eye its as sharp at 1.8 as it is at 2.8

The Sony 135mm GM is one of the best lenses available for any system. Love mine although don’t use it much I bought it for weddings but mainly use it for portraits and it’s exceptional.

Have used mine on A7IIi, A9, A92 and the A7RIV. It was superb on all of them.

Have also compared it to the Sigma version which is also very good image quality although the G.M has nicer bokeh and nicer rendering and more responsive a.f. I haven’t tried the Batis.

Last edited:
Back