Best A-Mount lenses for A7 + LA-EA4 adapter

Name
Plamen
Edit My Images
Yes
I was just wondering what you all feel to be the best lenses to use on the A7 via the adapter, I already have 7-8 collected which I found pleasant and I am always curious what else I can collect and test out.

The original a7 is quite a slow camera. If you have the budget to invest in 8 lenses, I would highly recommend you upgrade to the a7ii. To answer the question, the 135 f1.8 is quite appealing.

I found the A7 quite good and the other reason is I can't really see myself spending more money for a body as I prefer to invest into lenses instead I can't seem to justify the upgrade :) Do you have any shots with the 135mm 1.8? I have been looking around for it, the only thing that has stopped me so far is the price :D

Last edited:
Ok yes until
I sold my a mount gear I tried most of the best Minolta lenses and I owned all six Zeiss A mount lenses and the 70-400mk2.

Sharpest lens was the 135 1.8. I have some stunning images of my son taken earlier this year and it really loves up to the hype. Other lenses from other brands are a disappointment even the good ones!!

It is noisy and slow(er) to focus though.

I loved the 24-70 as a general lens. At 35mm it is prime sharp, not so great as you go outward to 70.

The 85 1.4 was very good but no better/worse than other oem 85's.

Minolta 200/2.8 is one über sexy lens. Very sharp even with a tele.

It does depend on what you want to shoot, and what sort of budget you have.

Mark doesn't say which 84 f/1.4 he had, but my Minolta 85 f/1.4 G (RS) is one of my favourite lenses (this is on the A900, rather than A7 + LA-EA4).

The standard place to get information on Sony lenses on the web is http://www.dyxum.com/lenses/index.asp

Just remember it's owners reviews, so there is an element of bias, but it does give a reasonable impression when comparing similar lenses.

Back